cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Value of a 2009 Winnebago View 24H

AGC
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2009 Winnebago View 24H with 25k miles. RV has tons of upgrades, full body paint, diesel generator and tires were replaced last year (3/2016).

What do you guys think my RV is worth
15 REPLIES 15

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Gonzo42 wrote:
As a side note, ours has a propane generator. Does yours really run on deisel?

The diesel genny is powered by a German made Robin diesel motor. It is desirable because it burns fuel from the vehicle's fuel tank and does not eat up your precocious propane supply. The downside is that it's 3200 watts vs the 3600 watts of propane, or 4000 watts of a gasoline powered unit, and that is is considerably louder, and smellier than a propane unit.

The OP has a H model View, so at least they are not sleeping on top of the genny if it must be run during the night (boondocking).

Charles
2007 Winnebago View 523H on a 2006 Dodge (Daimler-Chrysler aka Mercedes) Sprinter 3500 chassis (T1N). Bought Sept 2015 with 18K miles on it, Prog Ind HW30C, Prog Dymanics PD4645, Coleman Chill Grille, PML/Yourcovers.com deep alum trans pan, AutoMeter 8558 trans temp gauge, Roadmaster sway bar, Koni Red shocks (front & rear), Fantastic Ultra Breeze hood, added OEM parabolic mirrors and RH aspherical mirror, MB grill conversion.
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
AGC wrote:
Thinking of getting a class b Airstream.

AGC wrote:
just looking to sell as we don't use it much anymore because of work/school schedule.

Two very conflicting statements, not that it really matters why you want to sell, but, if you are not using a $40K motorhome because of work and school conflicts (lack of free time) why would you invest >$100K in an Airstream B class???? that apparently you won't be using very much.

Just curious......

In any case, be sure and post your View on the View/Navion Discussion Group on Yahoo. They have a DATABASE you can (after you sign up) enter your for sale into. The forum is a good place to market a View because serious potential buyers, those that do their homework and research, join the forum to learn, and to seek out for sale units. Buyers also know that people who participate in the forum also know more about their units and are more particular about operation and maintenance than many motorhome owners.

Bear in mind that extreme customization of the motorhome may make it difficult to sell (meaning re-configuring of the interior, replacement of major items with vastly different items) while IMPROVEMENTS or UPGRADES such as adding a new Progressive Industries EMS, a new Progressive Dynamics multistage converter to replace the old battery cooker unit, new window shades, or heavy anti-sway bar, will be favorably looked upon by knowledgeable prospective buyers.

Charles
2007 Winnebago View 523H on a 2006 Dodge (Daimler-Chrysler aka Mercedes) Sprinter 3500 chassis (T1N). Bought Sept 2015 with 18K miles on it, Prog Ind HW30C, Prog Dymanics PD4645, Coleman Chill Grille, PML/Yourcovers.com deep alum trans pan, AutoMeter 8558 trans temp gauge, Roadmaster sway bar, Koni Red shocks (front & rear), Fantastic Ultra Breeze hood, added OEM parabolic mirrors and RH aspherical mirror, MB grill conversion.
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
RV trader shows pricing throughout the country. I would do a search on similar units and price it just below a dealers price. IF you are the original owner, have maintenance records and such you stand a better chance than a dealer. Dealers buy at auctions, they have no records, nothing but their smile and promises.
i live in California, my rig was in Minnesota. I couldn't find exactly what I wanted locally so I flew there and purchased from original owner and have not regretted that decision.

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
Gonzo42 wrote:
Worth keeping, I would say. Why are you considering selling?

As a side note, ours has a propane generator. Does yours really run on deisel?

Yes, there are diesel generators out there. I have one.
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

clayway
Explorer
Explorer
My guess is mid to upper 30's, it is nearly 9 years old.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
post it every where you can even out of state, sounds like a nice rv.good luck the right family will come along.

AGC
Explorer
Explorer
I checked RV Trader and see asking prices anywhere from low $40s to low $60s. I agree that most asking price are way out there and it probably has to do with what people owe on them. I don't owe anything on mine, just looking to sell as we don't use it much anymore because of work/school schedule. I was hoping to get mid/high $40s for it.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
your most likely gonna take a hit, but there popular rv,s do a google and some home work find what there selling for.

johnwalkerpa1
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
2012Coleman wrote:
You can get an idea using NADA for RVs. Check the prices for similar units in your area on RV Trader and Craigslist.

take those asking prices with a grain of salt. they are likely to be based on the size of the loan remaining and they are horribly upside down.
bumpy

Yes, maybe even a large bag of salt ๐Ÿ™‚

I punched mine in just out of curiosity, and low retail came in at more than I paid new for mine 4 years ago!

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:
You can get an idea using NADA for RVs. Check the prices for similar units in your area on RV Trader and Craigslist.

take those asking prices with a grain of salt. they are likely to be based on the size of the loan remaining and they are horribly upside down.
bumpy

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
stickdog wrote:
AGC wrote:
I have a 2009 Winnebago View 24H with 25k miles. RV has tons of upgrades, full body paint, diesel generator and tires were replaced last year (3/2016).

Not as much as you do.

yep, I'd guess about 50%.
bumpy

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
AGC wrote:

Not as much as you do.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

AGC
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking of getting a class b Airstream.

Yes we have a diesel generator, I believe it was a few thousand dollar option.