cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost of Jesse's tooth removal

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Jesse had his cracked tooth removed on Monday. They originally thought there were two cracked teeth but fortunately there was only one. Total cost was just shy of $1400. However, that included the initial visit, pre-surgery lab work, x-rays, tooth extraction, dental cleaning, all antibiotics, pain killers, and anti-inflammatory meds, extra anesthesia (tooth was difficult to remove), unexpected gum removal, all the associated operating room and personnel costs plus a few extras like treats, tooth brushes, and doggie toothpaste. Lost of money for sure but well worth it.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]
10 REPLIES 10

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just had the same thing done for our dog. Had 1 cracked tooth and several others pulled. Had pre-surgical exam, blood work, antibiotics. Then surgery with several teeth removed, after care, antibiotics to take home and my total cost was $285. Her bottom jaw was actually fractured. She is small and delicately boned so extra care was needed when removing the lower canines. She is 13 years old and has had several dentals since we got her 5 years ago. This was the most serious, but I have never paid anywhere near that much.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
You might consider buying pet insurance....depending on Jesse's age and your thoughts on buying an extended service contract

He's 8 1/2. Gets cost prohibitive at that point-$141/mo with a $250 deductible for complete coverage. Lesser coverage is $52/mo with a $250 deductible and has dollar maximums.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

Noel
Explorer
Explorer
You might consider buying pet insurance....depending on Jesse's age and your thoughts on buying an extended service contract.
Noel

2003 National Dolphin LX 6335, W22, 8.1L

brewjaz
Explorer
Explorer
As said above--you're a good dog daddy. Many people get dogs without considering the medical costs...then the dogs usually suffer. 😞

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank you for being such a good furkid parent! :c
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Glad it is working out for you. You are good to your fur baby
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Good doggie daddy.

Good doggie Mama! :B

Aren't you thankful that you can afford to take care of Jesse?

Absolutely!

Douglas Adams

Farmerjon
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
It's always worth it. Good doggie daddy.

Aren't you thankful that you can afford to take care of Jesse?
The devotion our dogs give us certainly makes taking care of them worthwhile.
2015 F350 Lariat CC LB 4x4 DRW 6.7, 6sp auto, 3.73
2000 F350 lariat SC LB 4x4 DRW 7.3, 6sp manual 3.73
1987 F250 Lariat SC/LB 4x4 SRW 460 4sp stick 4.10
1995 Jeep wrangler
99 Star Craft 953

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Pets are not cheap. Glad to hear Jesse is doing well.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
It's always worth it. Good doggie daddy.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman