cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rincon West questions

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
How good is the cable TV reception and package? We are staying there for a couple of months this winter. We could re-activate our DISH receiver with our Tailgater cube, and use that instead, if the cable is crappy. But if the cable is good quality, that'd be fine.

How good is the free Tengo internet? If you snowbird there, do you use their internet? Or do you find you need to use an alternative such as a jetpack?
Currently RV-less but not done yet.
3 REPLIES 3

daily_double
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on Tengo internet!!

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Snowman9000 wrote:
How good is the cable TV reception and package? We are staying there for a couple of months this winter. We could re-activate our DISH receiver with our Tailgater cube, and use that instead, if the cable is crappy. But if the cable is good quality, that'd be fine.

How good is the free Tengo internet? If you snowbird there, do you use their internet? Or do you find you need to use an alternative such as a jetpack?

Tengo internet is a waste of money and totally useless. I have never found internet service in any RV Resorts without limitations and problems. I lease a router from Cox Communications and have them set it up in my RV. Good internet connections and reliable. I also just call Dish in Ariz. for TV service and have them set it up. Great service and worth the $$$$

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
I decided why not call and ask. Imagine that! ๐Ÿ™‚

The Tengo internet is metered, if you exceed your 24 hour allotment you will be restricted in some way. Either throttled or something else. Streaming is not allowed. You are limited to 2 devices at any one time. I did not ask, but I assume they might not allow a router to be connected. So basically it is intended for regular web browsing and email. This is about what I expected.

DSL is available at the pedestals through Century Link.

The cable TV system is their own in house community system. It is analog, not digital.

Additional comments are still welcome!
Currently RV-less but not done yet.