cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need help finding place to set up car for towing Spokane .

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II
A long story, had car 2017 Chevy Malibu set up for flat towing at Camping World Nashville TN. Car just purchased new. Crossing the country the New car with less than 2k miles on it has broke down while driving 3 different times and Towed to a Chevrolet Dealer. Finally here in Spokane the Dealer stated that when Camping World tied into the electrical wiring it caused the electrical command box to malfunction and cause 8 different codes to go wrong and the car shuts down and will not start. The Chevrolet Dealer yesterday disconnected all of the wiring that Camping World did at a cost of $375.00. Need to find a place in Spokane to wire they car proper. I will go after Camping World for the expenses occurred
13 REPLIES 13

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
Next time tell who ever does it you don't want it tied into the vehicle system. You want it to be a stand alone system. Separate bulbs and sockets in the tail lights or like drifterpiolt did. or magnetic lights like the tow trucks use.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

drifterpilot
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2017 Malibu. When I had it equipped for towing, I had an LED lightbar installed on the rear deck of the car with a male/female plug. When not towing, the lightbar can be removed and stowed. The lightbar adheres to the rear deck carpet by Velcro. The associated wiring was run under the carpet to the electrical socket by the towing baseplate. The lightbar is powered direct from the RV via the electrical cord. No cutting into any part of vehicle wiring,
PM me and I will send a picture via email or text in the morning daylight.
Total lightbar and aluminum support base cost $150.00.
2017 Allegro 34P
7,900 Miles, Ford V10
Winegard (in-motion tracking)
Blue Ox Avail
Brake Buddy

ct78barnes
Explorer
Explorer
We had problems with camping world on the way to myrtle beach the even break stoed working while going through the Smokeys. Went to CW there and said some wires where backwards and some king of switch on break peddle was not set up right . Drove home to Ohio with no problems. If you find a good CW go there. It is a hit and miss if you get a good teck or not.CW needs to pay there good tecks so they will stay and pay them a living wages. In till they do this you will get bad service.

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
I have had good work done by R AND R rv in Liberty Lake. Very professional.
Jesseannie

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
Contact the large RV dealers in Spokane and see who does their wiring jobs
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
The idea of letting CW try to make it right has me laughing.
To the OP. DO not let them do it to you twice. Remember the adage Do it once shame on you. Do it twice shame on me.
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
mikim wrote:
The easiest solution is to allow Camping World to make it right. There is a Camping World near Spokane in Liberty Lake, Wa. Get them involved ASAP.

This is the best answer. Trying to recover any of the original expense, without giving the vendor an opportunity to address the issue, is probably a long-shot.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure if Chevy will rewire it.when in the one, they stated they would not do it.
Now maybe each dealer is different.I will just ask when I pick the car up.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Question for the OP. Can't the Chevy dealer wire it up for you? I purchased my Chevy in Alabama and as part of the purchase they not only installed the BlueOx baseplate but they also wired up the lights...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"I will go after Camping World for the expenses occurred"

Does the agreement you signed with CW grant them the right to fix it? If it does and you don't, you won't be recovering anything.

"Dealer stated that when Camping World tied into the electrical wiring it caused the electrical command box to malfunction and cause"

That's "hearsay" and you can't use it. And what CW did has been changed by others to "fix" it. Best bet is to return to CW.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

mikim
Explorer
Explorer
The easiest solution is to allow Camping World to make it right. There is a Camping World near Spokane in Liberty Lake, Wa. Get them involved ASAP.

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
You need to contact the Marcus Rapid response team (as they call themselves) on this forum..Tell them what happened and tell them that either

A. Find someone in your area to finish the job correctly at no cost to you.

B. Refund your money immediately (hopefully you can dispute a charge)

Sad.....and shameful...at your expense...
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Ah yes make sure the Chevy dealer puts it in writing Without any maybe or possibilities. You will need plenty of documentation in order to get your money back from CW. I hope you do better than I did they still have money of mine that they took for work done incorrectly.
GO GET THEM!
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind