cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

National Eagle Cap dealer list? Don't ask manufactuer :/

Wikel
Explorer
Explorer
Email request to Eagle Cap because the website only shows the closest two dealers regardless of where you search from.

Request:
"Would like to get a list of all dealers. Don't like the website only listing 2 dealers within a specific area."

Response:
We do not send out our complete dealer list.
Greg Tucknies
Director of Sales & Marketing

So question to the forum. Does anyone have a national list of EC dealers? If not, maybe just for spite I'll extract it out of the website area by area and compose it. Just kinda seems like a non-consumer friendly approach to not publish a national dealer list.
26 REPLIES 26

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
JTLance wrote:
Why waste money on a dealer?

Buy used, save a ton, and move on. Why pay depreciation....

Because I am not willing to spend that much without it being what exactly what I want...

This, I order everything so I get exactly what I want. I am amazed when people buy a car or truck on the spot, off of a lot. I don't mind waiting a year to get what I want.

Out of state, you bet. I live in west Pa. I flew to CA to buy my Tiffin Zephyr DP. Drove it home, great time. I went to IA to buy my 40' DP. I went to MI to buy my AF TC. Ordered my Host from NC, he was the closest dealer although TC warehouse was about the same and we also drove up there and looked. He didn't want to deal. A road trip to buy something is just plain fun.

Host lists all there dealers on there web site. I think I talked to most of them when I was looking to order one.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
NGaMountains wrote:
People who think this policy makes sense crack me up. If the enlightened leadership of this manufacturer and its dealers think playing this game, in today's increasingly interconnected and data-driven world, will lead either to prosperity, lots of luck. If it doesn't work out, maybe they've got a backup plan to fill each other's coffers. Possibly mowing each other's lawns?

Again, they won't stop you from buying from different dealers but contractually the parent company can't facilitate you trying to undercut the dealer from your local area without violating the dealer agreement.

As has been found, it's easy to do a search and circumvent the issue, so it's not a big issue for 99.99% of potential buyers. If they otherwise have a good product and good dealers, it's a total non-issue for the company.

It would be interesting to see what the response would be to a similar but different question: I have one of your units and am planning a cross country trip. I would like a list of dealers so, if there are any issues, I can quickly get to the nearest dealer.

This would be something they could legitimately give out without violating the dealership agreements.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Wikel
Explorer
Explorer
NGaMountains wrote:
People who think this policy makes sense crack me up. If the enlightened leadership of this manufacturer and its dealers think playing this game, in today's increasingly interconnected and data-driven world, will lead either to prosperity, lots of luck. If it doesn't work out, maybe they've got a backup plan to fill each other's coffers. Possibly mowing each other's lawns?

Exactly. Lots of manufactures still do this type of system. It doesn't work. Let competition do what it does best.... bring down prices. I doubt anyone here would say any TC is under priced nowdays.

NGaMountains
Explorer
Explorer
2017 Ford F-350 4WD Super Cab 6.2L Gas DRW
2014 Bigfoot 25C10.4

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Yes, but why make sense when you can RAGE RAGE RAGE at the EVIL manufacturer!

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
SidecarFlip wrote:

Far as protected territory goes, I don't believe dealers of any hard goods, cars, trucks or RV's honor that. A sale is a sale after all.

There is a difference between:
- Will a dealer sell to someone from outside the area if they walk in the door
- The parent company purposely routing customers from one area to someone in another area.

The first is typically not a problem. A dealer won't turn you away.
The second is a good way for the parent company to get a lawsuit from the affected dealer and is likely why they won't officially send a list of dealerships.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'

Bedlam
JTLance wrote:

Because I am not willing to spend that much without it being what exactly what I want...

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

JTLance
Explorer
Explorer

CRAIGS LIST SEARCH ENGINE (google it)

travelnutz
Explorer
Explorer
Think people! Just put in various zip codes in your dealer inquiry around the country for a dealer or dealers serving those areas for a particular brand of anything. Simple to do nd it works so well. RV Trader is another usually good way to find non-local dealers for various RV brands.

Most people won't drive even 500 miles to a non-local area dealer just to save even $500 to $1000 dollars + on a purchase price as there's both lots of costs and timing issues for doing the jaunts. Saving maybe $3000 or more might get some takers though but still buffered by the actual costs and time issues of the real costs required if purchased sight unseen from a distant location.

Most sales people will tell you anything you want to hear just to get you to buy from them or get you to their business personally as most only get paid for what they had actually sold. Quite humorous seeing how numbers or add on's or dealership fees raise the bottom line on the invoice even if the item does actually meet your expectations but it's not so humorous when it happens to you, the one who puts the signature on the dotted or solid purchase agreement line. So often it's penny wise in thinking but so pound foolish in final reality.

Few really do cut a fat hog in the rear after realism and reality finally hits home!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Bought both my TC's out of state and shopped on price, reputation and service. I didn't go far, but the local dealers, just like Bedlam were either higher in price or really didn't want to sell anything....

Far as protected territory goes, I don't believe dealers of any hard goods, cars, trucks or RV's honor that. A sale is a sale after all.

The outfit I retired from (a Freightliner / Western Star dealership) had a specific sales territory where they could actively solicit business as in their franchise contract with Freightliner. However, that did not stop them from selling a truck to someone out of that sales territory or even out of state, if that buyer contacted the dealership (instead of the dealership soliciting them first). If the buyer initiated the contact, the 'territory' thing was off the table entirely. I suspect the same holds true for RV's.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Bedlam
Sometimes you have to look farther away to get the price or service you want. When I was trying to price and order my Ram chassis cab, the local dealers were not even interested in finding out when the model year ordering was opening up and building out my truck for a custom order. I had to seek dealers in the eastern half of my state to even get someone not trying to sell me existing inventory and finally ended up buying out of state.

Sometimes you will not save by having to travel farther due to that cost in time and fuel even if the price is slightly better, but it is worth checking out. I did not buy my Host from the closest dealer to me because he was asking much higher than three other dealers when solicited for pricing. The closest dealer to Host also was trying to make much higher margins than two of the dealers.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
Wikel wrote:
WNYBob wrote:
I just checked their site / dealer list.
Put my zip code in and got dealers near Buffalo, NY.
put Petaluma, CA and got calif. dealers.

Where is the problem?

The problem is I want to dealer competition shop across the nation.

You do understand, that dealers agree to represent their product in an area in return for exclusive rights to that area. If the parent company routes you to other out of area dealers, they would likely be violating the contract they have with the dealers.

As you have found, it's not that hard to work around the issue but I wouldn't want to deal with a company that signs contracts and then goes back on their word. If they do it to dealers, you can bet they will do it to customers.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'

Wikel
Explorer
Explorer
bighatnohorse wrote:
Wikel wrote:
WNYBob wrote:
I just checked their site / dealer list.
Put my zip code in and got dealers near Buffalo, NY.
put Petaluma, CA and got calif. dealers.

Where is the problem?

The problem is I want to dealer competition shop across the nation.

I find that amusing. Just publish your customer list. Your competitors would love it.

Took all of about 10 mins to pull it manually. Guess you would consider that some type of competitor protection. I'm sure every competitor knows who's a dealer for their competitor. But sure... I'm sure that's super secret.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to price a Hallmark, call Hallmark, no dealers. Alaskan is the same way and 4 Wheel Camper has maybe 4 dealers nationwide.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB