cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rear view camera issues

tpwelker
Explorer
Explorer
Just the other day my rear view camera is not givin an image on my monitor. Monitor turns on and AV1 comes up on screen. When put in reverse AV1 comes up as well. So it seems the monmitor is working. My guess is the camera is shot. I have 2002 Damon Intruder 375, was curious if anyone knows if removing the back wall mirror in the bedroom exposes any access to the camera connection? The camera mounts on the outside, but I figure there is a wire connection inside that I can disconnect the camera.

Thanks, Todd
5 REPLIES 5

tpwelker
Explorer
Explorer
I seem to have narrowed down the issue to the long cable from tha camera to the control box. I unhooked the camera from the connection in the back and hooked it up directly into the junction box and got a picture and audio. So now I need to find an
65 foot ASA viseo cable and fish it down under up threw the firewall. Shouldn't be too bad, at least I know whats good and not now.

Todd

ddndoug
Explorer
Explorer
Before you go thru all that trouble make sure the cable has not come loose from the back to the monitor. That was what happened to mine.

Doug
2009 Four Winds Hurricane 33T
F53 Ford Chassis w/Triton V-10

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
There should be a connector that will come out of the cable hole after you take the camera off the back of the rig. Just don't let the cable drop back down into the hole after you take the camera off.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

George_Beggs
Explorer
Explorer
Most cameras are removed from the outside. Climb up and take a close look.
George & Linda
2007 Bounder 35E
Ford V10

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
I have an older wired system and mine just shows a white line across the monitor .......some of the time. It fails more often that it works.

I suspect a bad connection at or inside the camera, since when a guy started moving it around it worked.....for a few minutes.

While there likely is a power tap somewhere inside, the actual connections to the camera should be at the back of the camera or inside the case.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"