cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking delivery October 9th!

Monkeyman_and_L
Explorer
Explorer
So, just like some of you we went to the RV show with NO intention of buying.

That lasted less than 30 minutes!

We had been researching what we wanted. I have contacts at Creative Mobile interiors out of Grove City Ohio. I asked these guys, since they tear these units up and convert them to custom jobs "Who should I look to for purchasing?" They told me Prevost is the tops, and they'd be happy to build one for me. I don't have an unlimited budget however.

The second suggestion was Newmar! After looking at the Newmar I understand why. That is one solid RV. Cabinetry alone is amazing.

Now onto getting a tow dolly for the Prius. Anyone have any horror stories with the EZE-TOW models?

Just hoping my anxiety doesn't drive me nuts. Most impulsive thing we've ever done.

Later.
Monkeyman, Lady and little chimp
2018 Newmar Baystar 3414
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid TOAD
19 REPLIES 19

Micbob4
Explorer
Explorer
Monkeyman_and_Lady wrote:
3414. Awesome floorplan. And it has options we didn't really want but I'm sure we'll find a way to use them. Crazy days here.

Gotta update my signature when I get the new rig.

Very nice, same model we our looking at. Just need to love enough to justify increasing budget. LOL

Anyone have recommendation for good Newmar dealer around Virginia area? Willing to travel and purchase if good dealer. Thanks

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Speaking of that no suitcase/airport feeling 🙂 We took off for a 2 week Anniversary in our 5th wheel years ago and broke an axle and had to leave the 5th wheel at a shop. We looked real strange checking into a Las Vegas hotel at valet with a dually and nothing but trash bags for suitcases. Later that week we had to buy suitcases so we could fly home 🙂
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Not dumping at every opportunity may cost you a night or two in a beautiful dry/boondocking campsite. Filing with fresh water too. Not good advice IMO.

What's the "bother?"
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Monkeyman_and_L
Explorer
Explorer
HA!

Yeah, even when we camped in our trailer, we loved the "no suitcases/airports/etc." feeling.

Just finalizing things with the dealer. Always a ton of questions.
2018 Newmar Baystar 3414

mama_sylvia
Explorer
Explorer
Oh yeah, ease of setting up is wonderful. Even in a CG, if it's just a one-night stay, I usually don't bother with water or sewer connection and unless we need something energy-heavy overnight (like AC), I may not bother with hooking up to CG power either. Plus no need to lug suitcases/cooler/valuables into a hotel room. Just park and sleep. Can't be beat!

You do have to be careful where you park, though. I pulled into my BIL's driveway about 1 am at the end of a long trip and we all hit the hay, planning on greetings in the morning. Come morning, there was a stranger peering into the front window. I opened the window and said "You aren't Steve." Turned out we had parked in the wrong driveway! lol Fortunately he knew my BIL and after apologizing profusely, we drove over a few houses and parked in the *right* driveway.
1988 Winnebago Superchief 27'

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
shake down cruise is likely Gettysburg. We thought about Luray Caverns, but with the leaves changing, that would be a nightmare.

Might look at Rocky Gap State Park

Best of Luck,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"On the Prius you have to tow front wheels up"

That's what I found too, monkeyman. But with the front wheels up, the Prius rear ground clearance will be small.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
Have fun

Monkeyman_and_L
Explorer
Explorer
shake down cruise is likely Gettysburg. We thought about Luray Caverns, but with the leaves changing, that would be a nightmare.
2018 Newmar Baystar 3414

Dog_Trainer
Explorer
Explorer
We went from a class a that we enjoyed for many years to a TT for near 3 years. It was a nice unit but for a number of reasons ( many expressed here) we went back to a class A.
In the end our choice was Newmar. We toured the Factory in Indiana and we are really impressed with Newmar's build process.
I love the convenience of a class A and the ease of set up on site.
cangrats on your purchase.
2016 Newmar Baystar 3401
2011 HHR Toad
Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles , Annie get your guns, our English setter (fur Bearing Children)

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
On the Prius you have to tow front wheels up. 4 wheel not an option.

Looking at Acme "EZE Tow" and the Demco units. Seems like the old love/hate on dollies like with the Reese anti-sway and the Hensley Arrow. Price and features factor into my choice. Still researching.

Yeah, we loved our trailer, but look forward to the ability to hit a rest stop, take a nap, eat some lunch, and all that in AIR CONDITIONED comfort. I'm not the energy heavy young man I was 15 years ago.

Congratulations!

So where will the first trip be?

Might hook up with all your friends Here

Best of Luck,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

Monkeyman_and_L
Explorer
Explorer
On the Prius you have to tow front wheels up. 4 wheel not an option.

Looking at Acme "EZE Tow" and the Demco units. Seems like the old love/hate on dollies like with the Reese anti-sway and the Hensley Arrow. Price and features factor into my choice. Still researching.

Yeah, we loved our trailer, but look forward to the ability to hit a rest stop, take a nap, eat some lunch, and all that in AIR CONDITIONED comfort. I'm not the energy heavy young man I was 15 years ago.
2018 Newmar Baystar 3414

mama_sylvia
Explorer
Explorer
Please share what tow dolly you wind up with and how it works for you. We have a Prius too and are waffling about whether to take it along on trips. Also haven't looked into whether it can be towed 4-down or even 2-down, I already know it doesn't have a conventional frame. (We mostly do short week-long trips and have always just used our MH to get around rather than bringing a toad, but both may change.)

ETA: looks like you are switching from a trailer to a MH? You will love it! The convenience of pulling over for a meal or a nap and never having to even open the door. I have gotten up and crawled into the driver's seat and hit the road without ever getting dressed. We got into MHs originally for the security, with small children I figured worst-case scenario I could get us all out fast and worry about torn-off hoses or electrical plugs later. The kids are long grown but I still love the convenience!
1988 Winnebago Superchief 27'

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on that new rig!
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed