cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

overnighter in/around Valdosta GA

mirwin
Explorer
Explorer
I will be traveling in a 40ft 5th wheel from Knoxville Tn to Wachula Fl. Looking to stop along the way for one night around Valdosta GA. Has anyone stayed at one of these campgrounds? River Park RV Park, Eagles Roost RV Resort or Camping World of Valdosta? I just want easy on/off I75 South that can accommodate a big rig.

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
WalMart and they usually have the best price for diesel.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

travelbayshore1
Explorer
Explorer
Just wondering how things are in Wauchula, FL. We have wintered there in the past - Little Charlie Creek RV Resort. Hopefully, since you're heading there, things are up and running.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Reed Bigham State Park is an excellent park and great stopover. Agarama RV sites mentioned earlier has been closed for years.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
CharlesinGA wrote:
https://gastateparks.reserveamerica.com/campsitePaging.do?contractCode=GA&parkId=530186&startIdx=0

Reed Bingham State Park at Adel, north of Valdosta, and south of Tifton. Its on the state highway that crosses I75 at exit 39 and is less that 7 miles west of the exit. Has site specific reservations, for both back in and pull thru. All listed at 50 ft but prob not a issue for a 40 ft rig.

Charles

Our site was at least 70 feet long #25
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
https://gastateparks.reserveamerica.com/campsitePaging.do?contractCode=GA&parkId=530186&startIdx=0

Reed Bingham State Park at Adel, north of Valdosta, and south of Tifton. Its on the state highway that crosses I75 at exit 39 and is less that 7 miles west of the exit. Has site specific reservations, for both back in and pull thru. All listed at 50 ft but prob not a issue for a 40 ft rig.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
REED BINGHAM STATE PARK is in Adel 27 miles north of Valdosta, it is a 5 star park, huge sites, has full hookups with cable set on a beautiful man made lake
We stayed there for the first time this year

2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I just came from Lake Park Campground (next to Camping World, Exit 5.) New owner as of last Feb or March. Highly recommend it. Good Sam Park. Wifi is iffy and no cable, but if that is not a "must" for you it is ez/ez out. 30 amp was under 25.00 with GS discount. Pull thru.

Eagles Roost is across the street, same exit.. east side of I-75.

Agrirama closed a few years back..

Also, Cecil Bay RV Park, Exit 32 is clean, level, under 30.00 w/GS. Nothing much as the exit but the park is great for overnight.

micar
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed a a place called Agrarama on our way to FLA a few years ago. Initially we thought it was just a secure parking lot, but it turned out to have FHU for $20 a night. Not sure if it was close to Valdosta tho.

It is in Tifton Georgia.
NVM, just did a google search, it appears there is no longer camping!
2014 Denali HD 3500 DRW
2017 Cougar 333MKS
Me and the Boss travelling in the wheel estate
Willow and Somer, the non retrieving Golden's....

Mickeyfan0805
Explorer
Explorer
mirwin wrote:
I will be traveling in a 40ft 5th wheel from Knoxville Tn to Wachula Fl. Looking to stop along the way for one night around Valdosta GA. Has anyone stayed at one of these campgrounds? River Park RV Park, Eagles Roost RV Resort or Camping World of Valdosta? I just want easy on/off I75 South that can accommodate a big rig.

Thanks

I've not stayed there, but have had a number of people recommend Eagle's Roost - so I am planning a stopover there next month.

My understanding is that the Camping World site is under new ownership and people seem to speak highly of the changes being made. But, again, I haven't been there myself.

I know nothing of River Park.