cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Removing Non-skid on running boards

harley-dave
Explorer
Explorer
Good Morning all, we have a class C that the previous owners (or factory) put black non-skid patches on the painted running boards. Question is: how to get them off to replace them? Where can I get some new ones that are tapered to fit better on the running boards like these are. Wondered whether a heat gun would remove them but haven't tried it yet. thanks in advance for any info.

Dave
2005 Winnebago-Itasca Sundancer 31C
2010 Harley-Davidson Soft tail Deluxe
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4X4
SKP # 121272
5 REPLIES 5

harley-dave
Explorer
Explorer
thanks guys for giving me a direction to go. You-all got me thinking so I dug up my Winne parts manual and there they are with factory part numbers so I went to WinnebagoParts.com to see if they had them. Had the non-slip and a couple of decals I need so ordered them all. Also game me some info on removal and replacement. Can't beat that!
Dave
2005 Winnebago-Itasca Sundancer 31C
2010 Harley-Davidson Soft tail Deluxe
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4X4
SKP # 121272

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
I did what Norm did. You cannot buy from Winnebago but Litchsins motors is just a few miles down the road from Winnebago and you can order from them.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

F1bNorm
Explorer
Explorer
If we're talking about the Winnebago in your signature. My '06 factory non skids curled up and died a few years ago. Peeled the remaining with a heat gun and looked for replacement. Considered paint, bed liner material and finally ordered factory replacements. Little pricey, but looks really nice and was an easy fix.

Norm
F1BNorm

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
You can buy it at Lowes too
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think the heat gun will do it. and you can buy that stuff on e bay cut it yourself to fit.