Honda EU2000I On Groupon For $477

Vixen21
Explorer
Explorer
Too Good To Be True?

$477 Here

Product Details
Honda EU2000 Portable Inverter Generator — 2000 Surge Watts

This popular model can operate a wide variety of appliances, making it perfect for portable use at home, camping, on the jobsite, or much more. The EU2000i operates at 53 to 59 dBA, which is less noise than a normal conversation. This makes it ideal for camping, supplemental RV power and any other activity that requires quiet operation. So quiet, your neighbors will thank you. Weighing less than 46 pounds, the EU2000i is incredibly lightweight and portable, thanks to Honda's inverter technology. Thanks to Honda's exclusive Eco Throttle System, the EU2000i offers great fuel efficiency. Runs 3.4 to 8.1 hours on a single tank, depending on the load. This makes it ideal for overnight power. Honda's inverter technology means stable, clean power in a smaller, lighter package. The precision of Honda's inverter technology ensures Honda's inverter generators produce power that is as reliable as the power you get from your outlets at home. Dimensions (L x W x H)?: ?20.2" x 11.4" x 16.7"? Fuel Tank Capacity?: ?95 gal? Noise Level?: ?59 dB(A) @ rated load 53dB(A) @ 1/4 load? AC Output?: ?120V 2000W max. (16.7A) 1600W rated (13.3A)?
The Fine Print

This item is sold through the Groupon Store EQUIPMENT, LLC, operated by EQUIPMENT, LLC.
The merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the fulfillment, delivery, care, quality, and pricing information of the advertised goods and services.
This product is new.
Product eligible for free returns within 30 days.
Offer is not eligible for promo codes, but is eligible for Groupon Bucks.
Shipping and handling charges for the order will be $9.95.
U.S. shipments only.
Orders are typically delivered in 5-10 business days.
Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.
64 REPLIES 64

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
When sarcasm is obviously intended as humor, like to demonstrate the relevancy of an unanswerable argument, I enjoy the deviation. There is a story about the retired owner of an Italian sausage company being located between two hard-headed owners of beach property owners. In order to placate them one end of his house was painted tan the other light green. I laughed myself sick - until I saw the house for myself.

Again, may I repeat something? When personal attacks pollute someone's comments, IMHO it dilutes the credibility of the response 99%. Worse yet, the impression is lasting far beyond that odorous response.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Overpriced is simply one dollar more than I am willing to pay for something I want/need.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like a definition of 'overpriced.' Not the one I can look up.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
SaltiDawg wrote:
I never called you a moron. However,others may draw their own conclusion.

What is this? "...........would be moronic."

The conclusion is that either you like calling people names or do not understand the English language. Calling something "moronic" is to say that it was performed by a "moron". Get it, the same combination of letters in the two words?

The next time you feel the need to correct someone you might try something like, "Those are not classified photos".

SaltiDawg
Explorer
Explorer
I never called you a moron. However,others may draw their own conclusion.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
About as stupid as some jerk calling someone a moron for questioning if submarine battery pictures are germane to a discussion of the value of Honda generators. I knew they were probably published images, and I was using a little sarcasm. Something that you must be too moronic to comprehend.

SaltiDawg
Explorer
Explorer
TomG2 wrote:
I know. When you asked if the electrolyte was "Up to snuff", I figured it was pretty much over. Personally, I became worried when we started seeing potentially classified pictures of submarine battery banks.

To worry about a photo of a WW-II US Submarine Battery that is taken from an unclassified US Navy publication would be moronic.

Additionally, at least two US boats of that vintage currently on display to the public still have their batteries installed and available for viewing - if you can convince the docent.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
I know. When you asked if the electrolyte was "Up to snuff", I figured it was pretty much over. Personally, I became worried when we started seeing potentially classified pictures of submarine battery banks.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Another unraveled thread.... have a nice day, I'm outta here...
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
otrfun wrote:
Ok, you're not a Honda fan, You think inrush current and the color red is a joke.

I think that color has no bearing whatsoever on the value of anything but a bullfighter's cape. I don't understand why you don't get that giving more for the same price is just as valid as giving the same thing for less in the marketing game. You can post page after page denying this basic business concept but it does not change reality. I am a Honda fan and am on my third one. Honda and Yamaha set the bar and the competition accepted the challenge. You posted three "Facts" about marketing and can't accept that I pointed out there are at least four. For all I know, there might be five. Sorry.

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
TomG2 wrote:
otrfun wrote:
I'll say it again, until such time as the engineers working for Honda's competitors address "performance and features", SPECIFICALLY: sound level, inrush, and price/reliability they will not gain market share on Honda.
Two couples each with around $1,000 to spend on a generator:

Wife says, "I need to use the hair dryer". He says, "Go outside, turn on the Honda, set the choke, and pull the rope. Don't forget the 30/20 amp adapter." She says, "Why is it so loud and why did my hair dryer stop?" He, "Because you were too stupid to turn off the converter and switch the refrigerator to gas before you tried your dryer. Now get back out there and do it all again. Remember, you have to turn off the Honda to reset it. Women!"

Second couple. She, "I need to use my hair dryer". He, "Fine, hit the start button on the remote". She says, "But what about inrush?". He, "You have been reading too many Internet forums. Now dry your hair. Women!"

Nearly twice the usable wattage, RV ready plug, quiet, remote start, but not red. I don't care what color it is. Color is not a feature to me worth paying for.
TomG2, you're missing my point entirely.

Ok, you're not a Honda fan, You think inrush current and the color red is a joke. You think Hondas are massively overpriced. No way you'd buy one. I get that. Not a problem. Did I get your gist? Oh yeah, and just for the record, I don't own a Honda---I own a Champion.

Not that we've got that out of the way, let me try to clarify my original point for you. You're trying to debate what is the "best" generator. That's not my point. My focus has been to opine on the "best" way for Honda's competitors to SELL MORE generators.

Regardless whether any given individual feels Honda inverter generators are any good, or whether they're worth their high price, the fact remains they've been selling at or near list price, and in very high numbers to a lot of consumers, for the last 10-15 years. As much as you may want to, you cannot argue with success. Consumers have used their hard-earned money to elect Honda inverter generators as their inverter generator of choice---whether we like it or not. I didn't buy one. I certainly get the impression you wouldn't buy one, TomG2. But, a lot of folks somewhere certainly did!

Many have said'they don't like Hondas and could care less about the specs. My current inverter generator cost 1/3 the price of a Honda and does the job.'

It's obvious from the literature handed out by every one of Honda's competitors they see Honda's inverter generators as the one to emulate or beat. Honda's competitors clearly advertise the one or two Honda specs they meet or beat and fail to mention ones they don't. It's an ongoing pattern that's hard not to notice. Clearly, Honda's competitors don't have an ace up their sleeve. They've had 10-15 years to play it---with no joy. Gotta wonder what we'd be seeing, performance and feature-wise, if Honda had never entered the inverter generator market. What would we be driving if Toyota and Honda had never entered the US car market?

For folks who may believe Honda has little bearing on what succeeds or doesn't succeed in the inverter generator marketplace---well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, But, for those many, many consumers who believe otherwise . . . that emulating or even beating Honda, in every critical area---with no compromise, at a fraction of the price, is a win-win for every inverter generator consumer----it's a nice thought to entertain. FWIW, the only potential loser in this scenario might be Honda. I think they'd weather the storm just fine though. More than likely they'd just up the ante with a completely revised, version 2 of their EU2000i and EU3000iS, then bump their prices up into the stratosphere again--lol! Hopefully we wouldn't have to wait another 10, 15, or 20 years for the competition to catch up again 🙂

YMMV.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
I prefer this kind of a solar setup for powering several RV air conditioners at the same time:
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer

I WAS trying for something towable on asphalt...