cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toilet leaking?

Flatfive
Explorer
Explorer
Our Fleetwood Prowler 20' TT has been leaking under the bathroom vinyl. I removed the toilet and the vinyl and found that the flange was not screwed down. The toilet was rockable so that explains it. I tried putting screws in the flange but there was nothing for the screws to bite into. The gold screw heads you see here can just be lifted out with your fingernails. I used some brackets and was able to secure it. I'm hoping that takes care of the leaking too.

6 REPLIES 6

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
I think valhalla360 has a point. If the wood is rotted to the point that it can't hold screws then you might consider replacing/repairing the wood while you have access to it.
Kevin

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Did they just cut the hole too big at the factory or did it rot from the leak?

At best it looks like you have a temporary solution but long term, you probably need to look at replacing the floor in the area so you can screw it down properly. If you have the vinyl up, probably a good time to do it.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Flatfive
Explorer
Explorer
Westend, the two bolts are to hold the toilet to the flange. The round holes are for screws to hold the flange down but there is no good wood under there. There is where I put the screws for the brackets.

Newman, you may be right. I'll look into that.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
looks to me like a slow drip leak from the T behind the toilet

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
More 'quality' workmanship.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

westend
Explorer
Explorer
The two bolts that are in the flange's slots are to hold the flange to the floor plywood. If you've had a lot of leaking, the plywood may have deteriorated so that the bolts are no longer holding.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton