cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good Sam Club

Olddawgsrule
Explorer
Explorer
Okay, I joined. Why, very simply hoping their 'exclusive trip planer' works as I hope.

You guys have to tell me what else I should be looking at as a basic member for a benefit.

If the trip planer works and will set into my GPS, I'm happy.

Talk to me. Not about extras I can buy, just what else this basic gives if the trip planer doesn't work out...
Tent to Pop-up to 5th wheel, currently without and wanting...
4 REPLIES 4

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
Well put "Paw". If you like camping with the same group, I would look into joining a chapter near you. Go to a state rally and find out what Good Sam is all about.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam Club is mainly a social organization of campers who like to attend group events, either from a local chapter with 10-20 rigs that meets monthly, to annual state rallies, to occasional national rallies.

Some of the additional benefits, such as this forum, are funded and supported by the combination of sales at Camping World stores/on-line (co-owned by the same company as Good Sam) and membership sales by folks hoping to get some additional benefits.

Good Sam lends it name to a nationwide roadside assistance program. It can be a very useful program, but there are competitors.

Good Sam lends its name to a company specializing in RV focused insurance. Another company focuses on 'extended warranty' programs.

Many folks have a very mistaken impression that Good Sam runs campgrounds. They don't. Campgrounds offer a discount averaging 10% off each night's RV spot rental in return to being listed on the Good Sam web site.

Good Sam members also get discounted prices at Camping World on retail store items.

For most folks the priority is discounts on camping spots.

The next 'benefit' would be discounts at Camping World.

The next item on some lists would the social aspects of the state and chapter groups.

I've really never used the trip planner. We are full-timers and have traveled over 36,000 miles with our current trailer over the past four years. I have a planning method I like, and it works for me.

The Good Sam Planner works about as well as any other tool. i.e. - the most important thing about using the Planner is to take the time to learn how the tool works, how to make it do what you want.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

Pauljdav
Explorer
Explorer
I joined cuz the trips I already had planned will be cheaper than the membership.

Moved from ATC