cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Generac 5.5 Generator Power Fail

Wondering_Willi
Explorer
Explorer
Generac 5.5 mod # Goo57540 in 1995 Gulf Stream Class C / When purchased it hadn't been maintained, carborator had to be replaced, installed new fuel line, filter, changed oil & filter, air filter and the unit ran good on maiden trip powering things inside correctly both on AC & DC - Half way through trip the generator quit while keeping inside cool for dog - running air while absent 1/2 hr. Replaced faulty fuel pump on generator, starts & runs good but I have no power to the inside of mini. I checked the two breaker switches ( continuity ) on the outside (generator) control area above the prime and start switches and they are working correctly. It appears I'm not getting current from gen. to the outside breakers - outside control panel. It worked well before fuel pump went out. Anyone know if there is some type of breaker not visable looking when you look at the outside (generator) control panel that may have tripped I'm unaware of or... thnx much for any help folks
5 REPLIES 5

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check for power at the Gen receptacle That will tell you if the problem is at the generator side or house side.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Is there an outlet on the generator itself? It would be most helpful to determine if there is no output right on the generator...

Wondering_Willi
Explorer
Explorer
Yes J-d.....the latter, you plug the AC120 cord into the Gen recpticle close to the Gen itself. I am a newby and hoping I've not damaged anything. Breakers and fuses have been checked and on in coach at converter/inverter control.

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
This question would get more play in our Tech Issues forum, as this generator isn't just in Class C's. Might play still better on SmokStak.com which has a Generac section.

In addition to breaker(s) on your generator, there will also be breaker(s) on you coach's Load Center. That's where 12VDC Fuses, 120VAC Breakers, possibly an Inverter, and most likely your Converter/Charger are.

Also, how does your coach shift from shore tie pedestal to generator power? Ours and many others uses an Automatic Transfer Switch. Some, the generator powers an outlet, like the one a shore tie pedestal has, and you unplug from the Pedestal and into that on board Outlet.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
might google this see what comes up.