Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Newbie from RI

Blutoyz
Explorer
Explorer
Hey All,
Just pulling the trigger on a Class A to visit NC since a grandbaby is on the way. I always like to join a forum whenever I find a new obsession to try and avoid the common mistakes.

I will be lurking around to learn a bit and may throw out some newbie question on best route down 95 and such so bear with me
She may be old but she is paid for (the rig that is)
18 REPLIES 18

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
Hello and congrats! From another RI'er...
Proud father of a US Marine

Blutoyz
Explorer
Explorer
OutdoorPhotographer wrote:
Lived in Portsmouth, RI a few years ago. There is a KOA in Queechee, VT that is nice and a great location for day trips in VT and NH if you went a car or have a toad. Great smoke house across the highway as well. Not a bad drive for you. Definitely things closer.

Good tip for a shakedown run....thanks

OutdoorPhotogra
Explorer
Explorer
Lived in Portsmouth, RI a few years ago. There is a KOA in Queechee, VT that is nice and a great location for day trips in VT and NH if you went a car or have a toad. Great smoke house across the highway as well. Not a bad drive for you. Definitely things closer.
2008 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 5th Wheel
F-250 6.2 Gasser

Former PUP camper (Rockwood Popup Freedom 1980)

Blutoyz
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Welcome to the forums and hope you have a successful first trip. What a great way to engage in your maiden voyage than to plan a trip to see a new grandbaby! We use our camper to visit family whenever possible. For years we'd pull our trailer to my in-laws farm and spend week-ends with them. It was great having our own bedroom space, and at the end of the day when we'd had enough, we had somewhere to retreat to to get away from everything. They still had their privacy in their home and we had our privacy in the camper.

All worked well until one Sunday morning, we planned on going to church with them. No problem. We got all ready and decided to wait for them inside their house. The back door was open, so we went on in, sat in their sun room talking softly, and could here mom and dad - in law talking among themselves.

Then the phone rang and out comes my mother-in-law to answer the phone ... absolutely butt naked! .... OMG! I think she got her kicks out of it, because she knew I was there (because I started laughing so hard and slid down in the chair to hide my face!). She just stood there, took the phone in hand, and carried it behind the wall. Meanwhile, we were (literally) trapped in that room and couldn't escape.

Well .... we all laughed about that for the next several years! My wife thought it was hilarious and still won't let me live it down. And I think I'm permanently blind now!!!! (nah, just kidding!)

Anyway, we learned that day to always announce ourselves before entering the house.

We also spent a considerable amount of time in the Fall with them, when harvest season rolled around. I'd help my father-in-law and his brother with the harvest. I'd drive one of the grain trucks from the field to the grain elevator and back. My father-in-law drove the the other truck, and his brother drove the combine. We'd meet at the elevator or be waiting in the field for the next truck to get filled up. We ate and laughed, and had good times. The ladies would bring food out the fields for lunch and supper. Sometimes their grand kids would show up, or friends. It was all great. I treasure those memories. My father-in-law passed away 2 years ago (on Sept 29). That changed everything. His brother still farms, but has his crew he works with, so he's doing ok. Without my father-in-law there, it's just not the same any more.

So, after all this rambling, what I'm saying is, using your camper to visit family is a GREAT way to do it! It's really nice having your own privacy once you get there.

We visited our daughter when she lived in Iowa. There was a small private campground not to far from where she lived. We hung out there a lot. And now they live in Kansas City, MO, and we visit them once a year too, take the camper and it world VERY, VERY well!

Enjoy that grandbaby! and CONGRATS! On the camper AND the grandbaby!

Edit:

Thanks for the welcome and you weren't rambling...it is a good story

Blutoyz
Explorer
Explorer
SteveB wrote:
Welcome from fellow RI'lander.

Thanks

I am open to any short weekend trip advice you can give. I still have to figure out how to hook everything up on this beast

Blutoyz
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at the pdf from the resource link it seems that I have the 34WA...the dealer thought it was a 37'. I must admit, I don't mind the 3' shorter for sure and it also looks like it has all the options

Thanks again for that link

Blutoyz
Explorer
Explorer
esyers wrote:
Not sure what you already know or have on hand, but if you need information on your Adventurer, the parts lists, diagrams and manuals are here

Winnebago Resources

We make regular trips up to RI and all the down the East Coast. If I can help,just reach out and I'll share whatever I know.

Most of all, just ENJOY!

Thanks for the offer and link, I know nothing about the hobby or rig so it will come in handy. I do have friends that have newer rigs and use them bit your offer is appreciated. I may reach out for route help down to NC way.

Bill

markandkim
Explorer II
Explorer II
Howdy from Swansea Ma.
Retired Navy

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7L
2014 Crossroads Zinger 27RL
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

SteveB
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome from fellow RI'lander.
2015 RAM 3500 CTD Auto 4X4 CC Dually, Reese 20K
SOLD 8/2015 '01 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD HO 6sp, Reese 15K Pro w/ Kwik Slide, Prodigy

'04 Jayco Jayflight 28.5RKS

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch, hate to tell you but those two steers sticking their head out in picture number one..died sometime back.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

esyers
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure what you already know or have on hand, but if you need information on your Adventurer, the parts lists, diagrams and manuals are here

Winnebago Resources

We make regular trips up to RI and all the down the East Coast. If I can help,just reach out and I'll share whatever I know.

Most of all, just ENJOY!

Blutoyz
Explorer
Explorer
Trigger has been pulled....

1997 winnie adventurer with 36K on it and in pretty good shape for the year.

Blutoyz
Explorer
Explorer
BarneyS wrote:
Welcome to the forums! Glad you are here. ๐Ÿ™‚ You have joined the largest RV forum in the world and will get many different kinds of posts and reactions - some helpful and some not so much - as you probably have noticed in the past two and a half years.

Look around at the different forum choices we have and you will be sure to find some that will interest you.
I hope you get all your questions answered and post often.
Barney

Thanks for the welcome

I did join a while ago when I was thinking about a travel trailer but never really lurked because I didn't pull the trigger. I didn't even realize that I signed up until I went to register. I do look forward to some guidance on here

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Ask about anything and have a pleasant trip.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad