cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goldline vs Adco vs Elements

wcjeep
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone tried the Goldline rv cover? I had an Adco that lasted about 4yrs. The Elements cover barely made it one year. It's junk. The side facing the sun has thinned the material. We tossed the Adco because the zippers no longer worked and a few very minor tears. Does the Goldline live up to the 5yr warranty.
2 REPLIES 2

tattoobob
Explorer
Explorer
I have a gold line I have been using for a number of years, plus the previous owner used it before me and it's like brand new, I only use it after it's winterized thru the winter so it doesn't get the full summer sun
2005 Ford F350 SRW 4x4

2000 Lance 1010

whizbang
Explorer
Explorer
I have not personally tested the Goldline covers. I did however look up the specs online as a result of your post.

My opinion is..... NO WAY.

The Goldline is made of polyester. I would be surprised if the cover lasted more than two years. Polyester cooks in the sun.

Want we want is a polypropylene cover. Polyprop is UV resistant. I am not aware of any polyprop covers on the market.

I got tired of spending the big bucks on RV covers that go bad after two years. Now, I get Heavy Duty tarps from Ace Hardware and replace the tarps every two years. I used to use Home Depot Tarps, but the quality is now so bad that the HD tarps only last a year.
Whizbang
2002 Winnebago Minnie
http://www.raincityhome.com/RAWH/index.htm