cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

30' Arctic Fox FW drain

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
So I bought a new to me 2006 Arctic Fox TT.

I found the gray and black valves but for the life of me I can't find the fresh water drain. I looked and looked and looked under and over and everywhere. No dice. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Can someone help me out!
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln
14 REPLIES 14

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
2DHoop wrote:
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
Ok, found it. Driver side between the wheels. For sure I'm buying a solenoid valve and going to install it on the FW dump pipe.

Anybody know what the wires that are hanging down by the pipe are for? Heater for FW tank?

Thank you everybody that helped me with this.

Asked about the wires awhile ago and I think the consensus was they are for an alternate method of reading tank levels.

Thanks 2D. I hope one of them is hot. If so, I can use that for my solenoid dump valve.

outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

2DHoop
Explorer
Explorer
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
Ok, found it. Driver side between the wheels. For sure I'm buying a solenoid valve and going to install it on the FW dump pipe.

Anybody know what the wires that are hanging down by the pipe are for? Heater for FW tank?

Asked about the wires awhile ago and I think the consensus was they are for an alternate method of reading tank levels.
2013 Arctic Fox 25P
2010 Dodge 3500 SRW CTD

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer

outside the fire"

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, I think I'm getting closer. I have been super busy and haven't had time to check this out lately but this morning I went out and looked for the FW fill. I couldn't even find that! Looked down the whole drivers side! What the??????

So I went over to the passenger side and bingo! Right between the tires! At first I thought that was way weird. Who would put a fill on the passenger side? Then it hit me.......they had to do this because of the slide! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Duuuoo

So I now know I was looking for the FW tank up by the black and gray tanks. WRONG! It's right over the axels!

So tonight I'm going to hunt for the drain. I'm now sure I will be able to find it with all of you peoples help. Thanks again!

If it's in as bad of a location I think it's going to be I will be putting a 12V electric solenoid valve on the thing so I can just hit a switch and dump the tank. Dumb design if you ask me!

outside the fire"

2DHoop
Explorer
Explorer
Might be simialr to mine - driver's side, in between wheels and just under the frame.

2013 Arctic Fox 25P
2010 Dodge 3500 SRW CTD

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Between the wheels L side. Be sure and go through rear compartment under the sink, beneath the water heater and kitchen sinks and change all the valves to the opposite direction, drain the water and return them to the original. That way you are ready for next spring. Pull the zinc out of the hot water tank and inspect or replace. (2006 AF 31W)

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen AF trailers with a large gate valve rather than the usual 1/2" water line.

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
My handle has an extension that comes to the outside of the rig
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
RVJimofOregon wrote:
When I had my Artic Fox years ago had great service direct from Northwood. Just give them a call and ask.
Flaguy

So I took your advice and called AF and they stated it comes right out of the water tank and through the floor and plastic underbelly. He said unless the PO changed it, it will be there.

I will have to look again. If it's as hard to get to as I think it will be, I'm going to put a 12V solenoid drain on it.

The quest for the elusive water valve continues!

outside the fire"

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
Don't know for sure but I'd look for the FW Tank intake where you pour in the water rather than hooking up to the campground. Then lay on your back under the tank that the intake connects to and it should be there.

Mine is a 4 seasons so it has floor insulation. The FW tank is under the bathroom. I follow the FW hoses into the insulation and that's as far as I can see. It just has plastic panels on it that hold the insulation up. So the bottom is completely flat.

(Update) I emailed the former owner and he stated the FW dump is in back of the tires with a small valve. I will check in the morning and report back.

outside the fire"

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is at the bottom of the tank, with a white lever. Crawl under the rig would be my best recommendation.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know for sure but I'd look for the FW Tank intake where you pour in the water rather than hooking up to the campground. Then lay on your back under the tank that the intake connects to and it should be there.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

RVJimofOregon
Explorer
Explorer
When I had my Artic Fox years ago had great service direct from Northwood. Just give them a call and ask.
Flaguy
Jim & Joyce
Central Oregon Coast

26 foot 2004 Komfort travel trailer
2014 Platinum Tundra pickup

Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents,โ€œIt was loaned to you by your childrenโ€
Indian proverb

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
If it has an outside shower, would that work?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad