cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on Ocean Canyon/Coast to Coast Membership???

head1855
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I attended a sales pitch for an Ocean Canyons properties membership at one of their resorts close to our home. We did not purchase today because we wanted to do our research. The "deal" included a lifetime Coast to Coast membership which intrigued me ($10 per night at most Good Sam Parks). It also included day use of the park 365 days a year and since it is close to our home this seemed like a good deal since they had an indoor and outdoor pool among other amenities.

I am mainly looking for anyone else who has done something like this and what their experience was..... good or bad (with details would be greatly appreciated). Thanks in advance!!
6 REPLIES 6

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
My C2C home park has a fix $40.00 year maintenance fee. Some have $$$$.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Those 'memberships' are a GOOD deal ...........PROVIDED
You purchase via Resale
You use it frequently
You purchase RESALE and you USE it

Unfortunately if the Ocean Canyon Properties is the ONE you want due to ability to use it frequently you most likely can not purchase via Resale due to your Attendance to the 'Sales Presentation'-----they track attendance and have a 2 yr exclusion on recognizing resales

We purchased a 'Home Park' and Deluxe Affiliate Memberships for $950 total cost for 1 st yr. After that it was just yearly dues-----129 + 59 = 188/yr
Gave us access to ALL C2C Affiliate parks with up to 14 day stays at $10/15 night FHU sites PLUS Encore/Good Neighbor Parks at 'reduced daily rates'

For US it was a very good tool to control nightly fees----we were FULL Time and parked rig somewhere every night.
After coming off the road we no longer could justify cost/benefit so we sold it.

Memberships are good PROVIDED---RESALE and USE it :B
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
It's beyond me how people get sucked into these 'memberships'.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Ocean Canyons properties membership is one of the most expensive memberships that you can buy. I guess you found that out. We went to a sales pitch a few years back and the sales person started off at $12,000. I Got it down to 10 and then said good by.

If you are wanting a C to C membership, I would contact Red River Ranch RV Resort. Also they offer ROD. This is where I have mine.
Ask for Dell, the sales manager.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

clarkster
Explorer
Explorer
I think you did well with not buying on the spot and deferring for further research.

To me anyway, any organized "sales pitch", loaded up with heavy hitter closers and obstinate, pushy salespeople would make me hightail it to the nearest Interstate.

Certainly.....you may find otherwise and good luck.
2006 Dodge 2500 4x4 Laramie crew CTD
2017 Jayco Flight SLX Baja package

Campforever
Explorer
Explorer
You sure about "$10.00 per night at most Good Sam Parks" I am at a Good Sam park now and asked them about it and they laughed. Had heard it before but according to them it is a joke.
Randy, Retired and Loving it...
Chevy Dually 3500 Duramax 2015
3910 Montana (2015) Three Slides

5 slides