cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Aftermarket auto levelers on e450

jgellis586
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at big foot auto leveles to add to my Thor four winds 30 foot class c. Anyone have any experience or comments on this brand? Any comments or recommendations are appreciated.
14 REPLIES 14

jgellis586
Explorer
Explorer
I am guessing we are about 4-5 hours from the factory. We live 15 minutes from the upper peninsula. I will be looking into getting the free installation. Probably should should call to lock it in for the spring.

Solo
Explorer
Explorer
jgellis586 wrote:
Thanks for all the replies. I will be getting them in the spring.

I think you will really like doing business with the company and then having the convenience of just pushing that button!

I notice that Big Foot has free shipping or factory installation right now on their systems. This wasn't offered when I did mine on our E450 and perhaps this is something that is ongoing but, might be something to look into if you haven't already. How far are you from their MI location? I had right at 20 hours doing my installation. Of course, that included some modifying of supports along the way but, the free factory installation would have been nice!
Solo
2011 Itasca Ellipse 42QD, 450 HP ISL Cummins
2012 Jeep JKU with SMI DUO Braking System

jgellis586
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies. I will be getting them in the spring.

rwgeiser
Explorer
Explorer
Had the Bigfoot Automatic Levelers installed on our 2003 Fleetwood Storm 30H in 2010. Install was done in their shop near Lakeland FL. They have worked great since. Had one indication problem, jack not up, called support and they walked me through a repair for the problem while on the road. I love them.
Ron & Del
2003 Fleetwood, Storm 30H
P32 Chassis
Part-Timer, Retired

golfknut
Explorer
Explorer
We have Bigfoot levelers on our 2005 Jayco Granite Ridge 31000SS.

I really like them. They have operated without issue.

We have also received very good service at their factory.
2018 Newmar Canyon Star 3513

photobug
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure where I saw it, but someone had clearance issues installing the front levelers. Something to look into before dumping $2500 plus install into a system
1998 Class C Lazy Daze 26 1/2 island bed
banks intake/exhaust
wifi/4g/siriusXM/DTV/DirecTV/CB
2xGeorbital electric bike conversions

DouglasC
Explorer
Explorer
Another happy customer using Big Foot jacks. Have had their levelers on my Jayco Greyhawk for 11+ years now. Been back to the factory twice for minor maintenance issues. Great customer support and workmanship!
Doug
2006 Jayco Greyhawk Model 27DS
Towing 2019 Ford Fusion Energi with Brake Buddy

Rog___Nan
Explorer
Explorer
We have had Big Foot levelers on our class A for 20 years. Extremely dependable and service line answers all the time. Had them installed at the factory in White Pigeon Mi. A year ago we bought a second MH 2008 Thor 27' Four Winds. E450. Took it to Big Foot factory before first trip. They are really great.
Rog & Nan
'96 Cruise Master
32' no slide (love it)
'2010 Vue Saturn Toad
Roadmaster Tow & Brake
Banks Power

mralex
Explorer
Explorer
Have the Big Foot on my Jayco Grayhawk 29MV, never had any kind of auto level before but I really like these, once I figured out how to use them. They were on the MH when I bought it and the guy I bought it from gave me a crash course on how to use them but I never really under stood what he was telling me, when I read the instructions and actually did it all myself it was so easy, and boy it's nice , just pull in to the parking space and push a couple buttons and let them do their thing and you're done. Piece of cake.

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
Our HWH system keeps running with periodic (more like frequent) tweaks. Their worst feature isn't that they're HWH, it's that they are Kick Down Jacks.

If you can install something Direct Acting (stores and extends straight down) I think you will like it. If there are alternative mounting locations, set the front as far forward as you can. The rear as far back as you can. If the instructions don't allow mounting way back on the rear frame instruction, of course don't. And both sets as widely spaced side to side as you can.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
jgellis586 wrote:
I am looking at big foot auto leveles to add to my Thor four winds 30 foot class c. Anyone have any experience or comments on this brand? Any comments or recommendations are appreciated.

We have HWH on our class c, and we are not impressed with them! Also factory support leaves some to be desired!

We have Bigfoot auto leveling on our 5th wheel and love it! When we first got the (used) 5er, we didn't have any operating info. A call to the factory tech line, got immediate and friendly help. The system has worked flawlessly!

If our class c didn't already have the HWH, we'd go with the Bigfoot system.

I realize than these are two different systems,but, we have more faith in the Bigfoot brand.
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

Solo
Explorer
Explorer
Installed the E450 Big Foot System on a Winnebago Aspect several years ago. Excellent product with very good corporate technical support.

I did the install myself which is doable if you have some reasonable skills and tools.

It was one of the more appreciated upgrades that I did to that RV. Many will debate the necessity but, boy was it nice to simply pull in and push that button!
Solo
2011 Itasca Ellipse 42QD, 450 HP ISL Cummins
2012 Jeep JKU with SMI DUO Braking System

jcsb
Explorer
Explorer
Had them installed on my Jayco Melbourne about 5 years ago at their plant in MI. Arrived late one afternoon, hooked up behind one of the building and they met me first thing in the AM and gave me my keys shortly after lunch. Home that afternoon.

They have worked well and it is nice not to have to move blocks and boards to level.

Have found a few but rare instances where the sloop was such that I had to put the plastic boards under tires and the related levelers to gain enough height to suit me on level.
Jim Hunter