cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

QUEEN BED WITH ROUNDED CORNERS

kars
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2015 32 ft Forest River Forester cant keep sheets on it. Is there a special Sheet? or would I use a king flat sheet on bottom? I did buy elastic cords with snaps to keep them on but it doesn't work. It's a Serta Queen memory foam top with 2 rounded corners on a squared off frame. I asked the dealer who sold this used RV said the previous owner must have bought it as they usually come with normal mattresses.
It is a nice mattress especially for someone who sleeps on a water bed at home!
any suggestions on what kind of sheets to use?
10 REPLIES 10

Bea_PA
Explorer
Explorer
I use queen size sheet with elastic all around on our corner bed, then put our travel sack which has sheets inside on top. Looks like a bedspread. But I have just used the all elastic queen , with a regular top sheet.
Bea PA
Down sized Winnebago 2012 24V Class C
2003 Gold Wing 1800 recently triked (Big Red)

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I understand this sheet issue is solved to OP's satisfaction without any spikes.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem. I use railroad spikes.
Dennis Hoppert

cbigham
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes. Trava sac way to go or its modern equivalent. You won't have to torque your back making the bed and looks like a bed spread

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
We have Trav Sacs, two large sleeping bags zipped together. No need to make bed. Not sure if they are still available.

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
You're welcome. :B
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

kars
Explorer
Explorer
WOW !! Thank you accsys I bought 2 snap ones at walmart didnt even think amazon would have something like this, thank you!

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
These work pretty well.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

kars
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Charles for info,
Had to run out in dark to look 3051s but the bed frame is squared off.

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Many RV's with a corner bed use a mattress with a chopped offed or rounded corners for better access or room. There is an outfit in South Carolina who custom makes sheets for RV's.

http://ablifestyles.net/

Do not believe what the dealer tells you, they probably don't know if the mattresses is original or not, and are merely seeking to give you an answer, right or wrong. Looking at the brochure for yours, it appears that some floorplans do have rounded corners at the foot of the bed, while others have squared off corners.

https://assets.lazydays.com/450196_NonWatermarkedPdf.pdf

You don't say exactly which model you have, but the 3171DS, the 3051S, and the 2861DS all appear to have the rounded corners, while the 3101SS and the 3011DS both appear to have the squared corners.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.