cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where do you mount the TST 507 series Repeater?

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Our daughter and son in law have a new 40 ft 5er. They're looking at the same TST 507 system I have but I know they'll need the repeater.

Question is, where to most folks mount it?
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"
14 REPLIES 14

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 43ft Raptor and also have the 507 flow thrus and I haven't needed the repeater either. I bought one when I had the other RV thinking that if I got a larger RV I would need it but so far so good, still in package.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
With no Genny in the front bay and power easy to get to, I mounted ours with a Command strip and placed it on the ceiling. It was about the halfway point between the trailer wheels and the place the display unit is mounted.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

nremtp143
Explorer
Explorer
I just talked to the TST people on Tuesday regarding this matter. I've ran the same set up with 3 campers and two truck where I have the external antenna on the top of my rear view mirror and have not had a problem except dropping reception in the rain, until I installed a dash cam! The dash cam is "dirty" when talking about Rf waves(interference). I had tapped into the fuse box and used the cigarette plug as the power and had no problem, then I decided I may want to use the camera in other vehicles and I switched to a transformer and took out the cig plug. That's when I lost all connection with the sensors. I called them and talked to them last week and they were amazed that I'd had no problem with a all 3 42ft campers and long bed trucks until now. They recommended the repeater and for me to move my external antenna to the back glass area. They advised to mount the repeater in the front compartment where the batteries are and to try and center it in the compartment if I could. With the generator shroud, it won't be a problem. They also stated that the repeater antennas needs to run front to back and not side to side. It just came in the mail today and I should get it installed next week and will let you know.
2016 Montana 3790RD, Legacy Edition, G614s, TST TPMS
2008 Thor Vortex 26FS
2013 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4, Edge CTS, B&W Companion, Viair 10007 Air System, Firestone Air Bags
2001 Excursion Limited 7.3L 4x4, V/B Springs
2001 Silverado 3500 DRW CCLB 8.1L/Allison 4x4

bigdon68
Explorer
Explorer
Our Mobile Suites has a cigarette lighter style plug in the basement. I put a male cigarette lighter plug on the end of the repeater and used 3-m two sided tape to tape it to a steel support beam - overhead.

bigdon68
2017 F450 Lariat Shadow Black / Magnetic, LB, 6.7, Chrome Pkg. TS3 Air Hitch, Retrax, 55 Gal.Aux.Tank
2017 DRV Mobile Suites,induction cooktop, solar, f/b paint, MorRyde IS, 17.5" Tires,residential frig, 3" riser, MorRyde Steps

MY PICTURES

Arcamper
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is in the generator bay up front and works great. I have a red lighted switch for it so it does not stay on unless I need it.
2016 Montana 3100RL Legacy(LT's,Joy Rider 2's,disc brakes)
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Cummins/Aisin 14,000 GVWR
2014 Ford Expedition Limited, HD tow pkg
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
1999 Stingray 240LS
1994 Chevy 1500 5.7 PU
2018 John Deere 1025R
B&W RVK3600 Hitch

Garry_Gayle
Explorer
Explorer
I pull a 39' 5th wheel with a 15 F350 CC DRW and I have the 507 with flow thru sensors and it works with no repeater.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info!
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

jims1
Explorer
Explorer
In the pinbox and pulled 12v from the junction box.
Volvo dually Pickup
DRV Memphis
Me, Alie, and Salie
Fulltiming

hbillsmith
Explorer
Explorer
There's a 12-volt cigarette lighter style plugin at the right side nightstand in the front bedroom. We leave the extender in a drawer and then plug it in when we hookup and head out.
Wildcat2016-295rsx GMC2015-2500HD-DblCab D'max/Allisn+4x4 6.6'Bed
Maxxis235/80/16E;Andersen Ultimate2+4"offset;Airlft1 WirelessComp;GroundCtrl3;MorRyde RubbPinBox+CRE3000;3-Slidecovrs;Champion3100w/DIY ExtndRun;10'Portabote+5hp;Furrion48cam
Visited States

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
When I had my MH I mounted the repeater in the last wardrobe closet and I wired power to the wardrobe light. It was on the hot side of the light so there was power on it all the time. My MH had the multiplex panels for lights and I could shut off the wardrobe lights from the panel anytime I wanted. So when I wasn't in the MH I just shut the wardrobe light off at the control panel and shut the repeater off. Then when we traveled I just turned on from the panel wardrobe lights. Worked great.
Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Mine is mounted to the back window in my truck with double sided adhesive. But I have a 12 v outlet in the storage area under the back seat. I added an in-line switch so that I can easily turn it on or off depending on towing.

huntram
Explorer
Explorer
We didn't need it until we bought the longbed crewcab. Then it would randomly loose connection. We bought the repeater at Quartzite. Installed it on the rear wall of the front cargo area. The area under the hitch. Haven't lost connection since.
Our traveling blog:Brian and Patty's Awesome Adventure
2014 Ram 3500, Western Brown, Laramie, CrewCab Dually, Aisin Trans, CTD, 2011 Carriage Cameo 32FWS 5th wheel.

bad99ram
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 42Ft 5th wheel and Do Not need a repeater. I also have the 507

bluie5
Explorer
Explorer
I've heard of some being put in the closet in the bedroom. Others have put them in the basement. Might just have to try different places. I'm hoping when my 5er comes next spring that I won't need one.
2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty CC PSD SRW 4x4
2018 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHOK