Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XtraRide or USWC for Exclusionary Extended Warranty

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Team,

We have decided to get a 60 month exclusionary policy on our new-to-us Monaco Vesta.

Shopping around online, XtraRide Platinum and USWC Gaurdian offer virtually identical coverage and both cost about the same ($4300 for a 60 Month Exclusionary Policy). About $350 more for the consequential damage clause.

I would appreciate you all's thought on which one you would chose and why. Is one company markedly better than the other?

Thanks
Dan
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.
7 REPLIES 7

jetcare
Explorer
Explorer
As a mobile repair technician, I find Xtraride Platinum to be the best extended warranty company on the market.
2016 F-250 Crewcab 6.2L 4x4
2012 Palomino Sabre 32' Travel Trailer

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting, just read the policies cover to cover.

US Warranty Corporation's exclusions are very simple and easy to understand.

The Xtraride Platiunum is very complicated and is (as near as I can tell) a very comprehensive "named warranty". If it is not named, it is not covered.
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had Xtraride for the first 4 years I owned my Executive. They were excellent to deal with and paid claims fast and easy. They were always friendly and helpful. You do have to follow their rules relative to filing a claim, but they never refused to do so. Excellent company and I'd go with them....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
I used Wholesale Warranties.com and on my HR no problem with claims...I will have them on the Entegra when that warranty is up..Claims on the HR were an entire LCI control pump unit and the K5 Satellite Motor, along with awning arms. Xtra Ride has a fantastic reputation too.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
Have not heard of or delt with USWC. Have delt with Xtraride. They are the BEST in terms of authorizing and Paying claims. I have a customer that purchased a used 1 year old Patriot Thunder(2008 10 years ago)for about 10K 7 year policy. Just at our dealership in the 7 years he had the Service policy, it paid just over 25k in covered repairs and never sent an adjuster or questioned the coverage. The few other customers we had with Xtraride we experienced the same type result. We do NOT sell Xtraride, but that is the policy company I would use if I wanted a ESC. VERY easy to deal with at our end. Doug

Wow, thanks for posting. That is just the type of info I was hoping to get!
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
Have not heard of or delt with USWC. Have delt with Xtraride. They are the BEST in terms of authorizing and Paying claims. I have a customer that purchased a used 1 year old Patriot Thunder(2008 10 years ago)for about 10K 7 year policy. Just at our dealership in the 7 years he had the Service policy, it paid just over 25k in covered repairs and never sent an adjuster or questioned the coverage. The few other customers we had with Xtraride we experienced the same type result. We do NOT sell Xtraride, but that is the policy company I would use if I wanted a ESC. VERY easy to deal with at our end. Doug

You have always given good answers so It is nice to hear of a decent company
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad