cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bathroom fan

Tysidaho
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a 1999 Terry 725R, when the previous owner was demonstrating its features he said "It has a bathroom fan" as he clicked the button, the fan blade shattered. "I mean, it HAD a bathroom fan...". Anyone know what model or size fan blade I need? I found plenty on amazon but they have the tiniest of differences such as a hundredth of inch difference in bore hole.
17 REPLIES 17

1stgenfarmboy
Explorer
Explorer
My Lance TC had a vortexII and we loved it, I will be replacing my junky little thing this winter with one.
1993 Dodge W350 Cummins with all the goodies
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn 2wd 395hp
2017 Forest River Surveyor 243 RBS
2001 Super Sherpa & 2012 DL650A go along also

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
On our new TT, I replaced the lame stock bathroom fan with a Maxxair. I was unable to go the cheap route, though--vertically challenged DW could not reach the vent, so I had to get one with a remote. The install took a couple of hours, it works great and it's quiet. Much better than the beanie copter the factory installs, which moves almost no air.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

bjlakatos1
Explorer
Explorer
X3 on vortex2 fan

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I bought the single speed Vortek fans and added PWM's and reversing switches. Full speed control in or out, and relatively quiet at reduced speeds, and not much money.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Add a variable speed switch and the Vortex can be just as quiet as any of them. It is loud when it's running full tilt, but it moves lots of air when running slower too. I'm very happy with mine.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

1jeep
Explorer
Explorer
advantage of the noisy vortex in the bathroom....loud enough so nobody has to hear whats going in in there.
Honestly it is louder than a fantastic fan in my garage but not so loud I cant hear whats going on in the rv.
2016 Ford F350 crew cab dually 6.7 platinum with heavy tow and 4:30 gears
2015 Carbon 327 with a BMW k1600 and Canam 1k inside

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
Mounting my Fantastic fan in the bathroom has several advantages.

I can ventilate any part of the trailer by simply opening a window near the area.

I can watch my TV in the entertainment area and with the fan running in the bathroom and virtually hear no noise from the fan.

Whereas if the fan was in the ceiling of the entertainment area there would be some noise from the fan.

1jeep
Explorer
Explorer
I also installed a vortex ...yes im frugal! It works much better than the original, was much cheaper than a fantastic fan, was much easier to install than a fantastic fan. HOWEVER, it is much noisier!
2016 Ford F350 crew cab dually 6.7 platinum with heavy tow and 4:30 gears
2015 Carbon 327 with a BMW k1600 and Canam 1k inside

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
RCMAN46 wrote:
I replaced my bathroom fan with a Fantastic.

Works great.

If I want ventilation anywhere in the trailer I open a window near where I want ventilation turn on the Fantastic in exhaust mode.

Agreed. Makes for a great whole house fan!
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
Also be sure to check to see which way the motor spins the fan to ensure that you get the fan with the proper blade angle in relation to the shape of the Hub portion of the fan blade. I changed out a broken fan blade assembly once that had a hub shaped like a jar lid. I had to take the fan blade assembly back because I couldn't just flip it over and I had to get one that had the proper blade angle.

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced my bathroom fan with a Fantastic.

Works great.

If I want ventilation anywhere in the trailer I open a window near where I want ventilation turn on the Fantastic in exhaust mode.

pawpaw47
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a vote for the Vortex 2 replacement fan. It's a simple installation and works well.
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2015 Starcraft AR-One 18QB
2014 GMC w/6.2L & max tow pkge.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
there are about four different blades for these little motors, you just have two options, take the fan out and take it to the dealer to get the right one or take the fan out and replace it with a good one such as a fantastic fan.

Tysidaho
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys, that's what I'll do.