cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Removing stickers

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
I have a fibreglass paneled trailer that I want to remove all the stickers other owners have put on it over the years. How do I do this without doing damage to the skin?
15 REPLIES 15

goff1256
Explorer
Explorer
Get some plastic razor blades for a Body Shop Supply store in heat gun and peel them off slowly and then get some adhesive remover from the same Body Shop Supply Store don't get the fiberglass too hot this is a tricky situation practice someplace where it's in conspicuous first and you can do it
Erick & Jackie Goff; Plus Ellie Mae the Fu Fu Dog

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
stevemorris wrote:

and why do they put a big propane safety sticker right smack on the front of the stove vent hood.

because somebody had a problem and sued and there was a sticker but it was small and to the side so it cost somebody big $$$$$. have you looked at a step ladder lately? talk about stickers. I remember reading about a successful lawsuit against a ladder company by a farmer who set the base of the ladder on a pile of manure that had a frozen surface on top. ladder broke thru, he was hurt, he collected.
bumpy

Not exactly. In 1980, โ€œ60 Minutesโ€ got duped in an anti-lawsuit segment. The real lawsuit had nothing to do with manure. The ladder (actually a scaffold) had broken with less than 450 pounds on it, even though it had a safety rating that said it could support up to 1,000. This is exactly the kind of thing you are supposed to sue about. The show, however, never ran a correction.

As for propane safety, most of the country cooks on electric stoves, and knows zero regarding the basics of gas. Seems funny to those of us who own RVs and have dealt with propane forever, but that's the reasoning. And if it keeps one guy from blowing up himself or someone else, it's a good thing.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
stevemorris wrote:

and why do they put a big propane safety sticker right smack on the front of the stove vent hood.

because somebody had a problem and sued and there was a sticker but it was small and to the side so it cost somebody big $$$$$. have you looked at a step ladder lately? talk about stickers. I remember reading about a successful lawsuit against a ladder company by a farmer who set the base of the ladder on a pile of manure that had a frozen surface on top. ladder broke thru, he was hurt, he collected.
bumpy

stevemorris
Explorer
Explorer
the stickers that bug me the most are the multiple propane and electrical safety stickers everywhere. on the exterior in particular. mine are all faded to the point they are unreadable

2017 Ram 1500 4door, 4x4, 5.7 l hemi, 8 speed
2008 KZ Spree 260

Dryheat36
Explorer
Explorer
WD40 removes glue residue on any surface and will not harm the finish.

jjj
Explorer
Explorer
3m eraser wheel. I took off 3/4 of my decals with it. Very easy to use and fairly fast. Just keep moving with it dont stay in one spot.Watch a couple utube videos to get the idea of how to use it.
2002 F-350 Crew-Cab Dually
V-10-4.30 gears Mag-Hytec diff.cover
w/Amsoil-6.0 trans cooler Curt Q5 20K hitch & bedsaver
2005 Keystone Challenger 34TBH-Fifth Airbourn

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
OP here.

The stickers are already pealing, and some are half gone already. I don't care if the one area is brighter than the rest of the trailer. It would look better than it does now.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the stickers have been on for years, which they appear to have been based on your post, you will probably have discoloring.

I wish people would not put stickers on painted products. Put 'em on the windows, but not on the paint, and not on the bumpers of cars. I won't buy a TT or a car with stickers on it unless it was a heckuva deal, and I saved enough for a new paint job.

Decals are different. They still will leave discoloring, but Im okay with decals instead of all the little stickers from places people have been.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
Mayonnaise! Rub it on,let sit 5 mins, Wetrub off and dry.
Ray

routeforty
Explorer
Explorer
Dr Quick wrote:
I have heard that using a blow drier will work. If any adhesive is left,I have used gas to clean it off.
I have also used a blow dryer to remove decals-peeling them off very slowly. Have never used gasoline though. Everyone's right about the area around the decal being faded. Might pull one off and check before pulling all off. It might look better with the decals on than having several nonfaded spots where they used to be. Gary
2018 coachmen leprechaun class c 2008 KZ spree 260FL

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Citrus air freshener
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
I would guess that there would be a color difference when removed due to sun exposure, etc.
bumpy

Bumpy is right. Proceed with caution--maybe remove part of one to see what it looks like.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I would guess that there would be a color difference when removed due to sun exposure, etc.
bumpy

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
Use a 3M eraser wheel and Goo-Gone to remove any adhesive residue.
Harold and Linda
2009 CT Coachworks siena 35V
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer Sport toad