cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sold our motorhome. Keep the Dinghy? Az too hot?

woodstockaz
Explorer
Explorer
Since we're in Chandler Arizona we are wondering if it makes sense to keep the car as a backup vehicle or not. Selling it without the towbar setup seems pointless. We have it listed on craig's list right now with towbar. It's a 96 so it's worth about as much as the towbar costs but it's a great reliable car with AC. We kinda like it as a 3rd vehicle BUT it begs the question.
If we don't use it we are afraid the sun will wreck the tires and interior. Anyone have any ideas?
8 REPLIES 8

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Selling it without the towbar setup seems pointless.

Not necessarily true. No need to make towbar part of the sale. I sold my old Chevy Tracker with baseplate on craigslist in Phx...got lots of calls from Rvers. Kept my own towbar. I then bought a nearly new Suzuki Grand Vitara that already had baseplate installed by prior owner. Used my own towbar with adapters because the bar and baseplate are two different manufacturers.

Be sure to include that the car is already set up to tow in the subject line of your craigslist ad.

I agree you should be patient and wait for the snowbirds to come down.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
why not? its a way to make money. thats what dealers do.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
If you keep it and put a for sale sign on it during the snowbird season it will be gone in a flash.

Rv'ers are always looking for a toad and one that is all set up is as good as gold irregardless of the age of the car.

Don't sell it cheap either you know how much that tow set up cost. I sold my 98 Chevy Tracker and got big bucks for it!

I did sell my tow bar separately. So I got all the money back I had invested in my toad and towing equipment.

Also you can list it here at the Escapee's full time club forum for selling RV stuff.

I got a ton of calls on my toad and tow bar off that forum. All seasoned Rv'ers so there was no scam idiots calling you. And they are willing to pay whatever you listed it for no hagglers cause they know how much RV stuff costs.

Here's my obligatory link and info. :B

Long respected Escapee's Full-Time RV club forum.

Many full timers/snowbirds coming off the road will place their RV's for sale here. I've found many Great deals on RV's and/or RV equipment.

You do NOT have to join the actual Escapees Club to use their forum classified. Just join the forum for free.

1. Go her:
http://www.rvnetwork.com/

2. Upper right hand corner click: create an account

3. After you joined go to Forums.

4. Scroll all the way down the page near the bottom to:
RV MARKET PLACE...and place you ad.

Good Luck.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
x2 darsben1 has a good idea. or consign it at a local rv dealer.

do you really think that a dealer would want a 22 year old car cluttering up his lot?
bumpy

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Cover it to protect. But if you cover it you won't use it. So sell it.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
x2 darsben1 has a good idea. or consign it at a local rv dealer.

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
I would wait till at least November before selling it.
Winter residents are arriving and there will be more demand.
Think I read somewhere that over 50,000 RV's come to AZ for the winter
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
Give it away and you don't have to worry about keeping it registered and paying out $$ for insurance.
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am