cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truck bed mounted ATV's

dkuntz
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at the AK2612 toy hauler by Stealth. Does anyone have experience with this TT? I have a F150 Ecoboost that would be at its limit in towing it with a weight distribution hitch. I would love any feedback if you do.

If that trailer (or something similar) doesn't work, I'm looking at upgrading my F150 to a Duramax and putting two ATV's on the bed of the truck while towing my current TT. Does anyone have any feedback what its like having ATV's on the bed of the truck? Any feedback on good ATV racks or a truck bed cover?
2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax, short bed
2020 Keystone Cougar Fifth Wheel 29MBS
Diamondback cover - Sided loaded
2017 Polaris Sportsman 450
2015 Polaris Sportsman 570 X2
4 REPLIES 4

armond05
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it can be done but might be tight.

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen it done once before, but it was with a F350 DRW truck. Looked like a pretty slick set up. At least that would solve your problem of how to transport the ATV's once you set up camp.
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

Y-Guy
There is a pucker factor in driving the ATVs up on the above the rail racks. I've also seen them winched up as well.

What style of ATVs are you talking about? Large utilities or sport quads?

IMHO if you are close on your number with the F150 you're probably going to not like it as you'll probably be overweight and then forced to get into a bigger truck. Not knowing your F150 specs for the AK2612 specs it's hard to say for sure, but that 1000# hitch weight is the weight before you load up, many assume if you load your ATVs in the back it will take the weight off the hitch some, but in reality is really doesn't.

Feel free to drop by the Toy Hauler forum here too.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Curious to hear. I've only seen one of those racks twice, just in passing. Last one was an F350 being towed behind a class A, and the truck was also towing a boat.

Wouldn't it really raise the COG of the truck, having all that weight above the bed line?
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed