cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xantrex Inverter problem?

subtroll
Explorer
Explorer
After a 3 day service visit to a local RV dealer for some slide work, my Xantrex Freedom 458 2 KW inverter is malfunctioning. Probably not related to the service visit. When plugged into my home 50 amp outlet or when my generator is running, the LED's on the display panel blink non-stop and dance around. The ones that would normally be on steady are flashing alternately. On the inverter itself the inverter LED is blinking and the charging LED is on steady green. My inverter/charger is 13 years old no longer under warranty and has been in continuous service.

My batteries are charging and I seem to have AC even when the external AC is disconnected. Emailed my problem to Xantrex customer support but won't hear back until after the weekend. I recall replacing a low amp control fuse several years ago but had different symptoms.

Any suggestions how to proceed?
2004 National Tropi-cal Sterling 396
2003 Jeep Liberty
4 REPLIES 4

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Way to go Doug!!!

Thank you for helping out a fellow RV'er. Good show. :C

subtroll
Explorer
Explorer
Followed Doug's instructions and problem is solved. ****, I like this forum.
Many thanks.
2004 National Tropi-cal Sterling 396
2003 Jeep Liberty

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
UNPLUG 120 power to the RV. DISCONNECT the 12 volt POSITIVE cable to the Inverter for 10 minutes. Reconnect, the error should go away. Doug

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
subtroll wrote:
After a 3 day service visit to a local RV dealer for some slide work, my Xantrex Freedom 458 2 KW inverter is malfunctioning. Probably not related to the service visit. When plugged into my home 50 amp outlet or when my generator is running, the LED's on the display panel blink non-stop and dance around. The ones that would normally be on steady are flashing alternately. On the inverter itself the inverter LED is blinking and the charging LED is on steady green. My inverter/charger is 13 years old no longer under warranty and has been in continuous service.

My batteries are charging and I seem to have AC even when the external AC is disconnected. Emailed my problem to Xantrex customer support but won't hear back until after the weekend. I recall replacing a low amp control fuse several years ago but had different symptoms.

Any suggestions how to proceed?

Oners manual

Best I can do.

Best of Luck,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach