cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacement shocks

Coffee_Grinder
Explorer
Explorer
Any information on replacing shocks on Forest River Georgetown with F3 V10. Unit has MorRyde System installed but I believe that is rear. Would like to stop some of the roll
3 REPLIES 3

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
If replacing shocks on a Ford F53 chassis I would highly recommend the Koni FSD shocks. They're rather expensive but considering how they improved the ride quality on our 2000 coach, I feel they were well worth the cost.

Good luck with your choice of shocks and safe travels....
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Got a PM from Coffee Grinder. Will post that information here for everyone:

2017 - 5900 miles. I expected it to ride rougher than a diesel but would like to improve it if possible

So, we are dealing with a new chassis/coach.

First question: have you weighed it (individual wheel positions best/axles next best) and set tire pressure according to tire manufacturer's recommendation for that weight? If you are 20 PSI over-inflated, there is no aftermarket device that will give you a smooth ride.

If the front axle is underloaded (lower percent of GAWR on it than the rear axle) move any weight you can forward. A leaf spring that is well-underloaded WILL give a stiff ride.

Next upgrade I would consider would be to replace shocks with Koni FSD's. Yes, they are expensive, but both (yes both) give a softer ride and better handling. That is what two sets of valves in a shock do for you.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
What year is your F53?

What condition are the sway bar bushings in?

How many miles on the coach/shocks?
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/