Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Foremost Insurance - Opinions?

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Team,

As we enter the world of Class A. I have begun looking for Insurance. The coach coach we are purchasing (a reallly cool Monaco Vesta) is worth bout $100K. I got quotes (for similar coverage) in the range of $1800 to $1250 from the usual suspects (Progressive, GMAC, GS, etc.).

Then I tried Foremost (a division of Farmers). For better coverage than the others (higher limits than I was got from the others) they were $950.

Any inputs/thoughts on Foremost? Sure tempted to go with them.

Thanks
Dan

EDIT: GEICO BLEW THEM ALL AWAY SEE POST BELOW
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.
9 REPLIES 9

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"which they paid and then cancelled our policy."

Not terribly unusual.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
Foremost insured our first and current coach now for over 22 years.

During this time we've filed several claims one of which was over $9k and never experienced any increases in our premium.

This year's annual premium was $838,00 for full coverage with $250 deductible. Over the years, we've always received excellent no hassle claim service.

Based on our experience with Foremost, I can highly recommend them.

Best of luck with your choice of an insurer and safe travels... ๐Ÿ™‚
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
Always shop. Foremost was over $2k for our Phaeton, Progressive is less than $1k. My loyalty goes to the one that saves me $$

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
Well, got Geico's quote and it was less than $600 per year. Lesson is shop around.

I was amazed at the variances I found.
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.

mama_sylvia
Explorer
Explorer
We had Foremost coverage on our mobile home when we bought it in 2003. We filed a claim for hail damage in 2005, which they paid and then cancelled our policy.
1988 Winnebago Superchief 27'

SusanDallas
Explorer
Explorer
I have Foremost as well. I have been very happy with them. They paid my claim promptly and the settlement was fair.

nohurry
Explorer
Explorer
We have lived in a mobile home on acreage for 26 years, and have been insured through foremost from day one. We've only needed them once when we had a plumbing leak damage our kitchen floors, and cabinets. They were prompt coming out, did an estimate, and printed a check on the spot. We also can pretty much determine the premium we want to pay by how high a deductible we're willing to carry.
Carl
2007 National RV, Sea Breeze

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
In 2004 I had Foremost insurance on a mobile home in Florida. An adjuster showed up a couple of days after the third hurricane, apologized for not getting there in the previous two hurricanes in three weeks, and wrote a check that more than sufficently covered the damage.

Now I have Foremost fulltimers insurance on the MH, agreed value coverage plus of course higher contents etc; it's about $950 a year.
-jbh-

gvisnic
Explorer
Explorer
We have had foremost for quite a few years. Several years ago noticed holes from hail in awning and slide covers. Contacted Foremost and told them, they came back with a settlement within the week that covered everything. Did not have to go into a claims center or provide photos. We pay 46.00 per month when using motorhome and 23.00 per month when in storage. Just change liability deductible to 5000.00 when stored.