cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Myaaka River SP Sarasota Fl

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
As I have spent the last few days cleaning up around my home after Hurricane Irma. I can't help but look forward to my extended weekend at Myaaka River SP the end of Oct. Has anyone heard anything on how the park faired after Irma?
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience
9 REPLIES 9

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
FloridaReLoaded wrote:
Florida State Parks that reopened

Day use only...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

FloridaReLoaded
Explorer
Explorer

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
"Not right, just drove past one that is open. Parks on flooded rivers (most spring parks) are all closed. But other parks are open, check the park website for good info."

Just our experience...both of ours were hi/dry, closed...could be trees, power, whatever.
Happy Trails ๐Ÿ™‚
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
According the FSP website status page, no parks are open for camping, but a number of them are open for day use only.

Storm Information | Florida Sate Parks
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Twomed wrote:
All parks closed are on the FLSP website (almost all of them) Current reservations through 9/28 have been cancelled. If your reservation extends past that they will still be good. You will receive an automated call as your reservation date arrives and a refund email.

Parks are not answering phones and two we checked have the gates chained shut. If they can come on line sooner they will be on the reserveamerica site.

FL is a mess in many places still with power outages and fuel shortages.

Not right, just drove past one that is open. Parks on flooded rivers (most spring parks) are all closed. But other parks are open, check the park website for good info.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
lj2654 wrote:
I know that they had a lot of flooding. I havent heard more about them. May want to check reserve america for any updates.

A day's rain can cause flooding in parts of that park, which are very low lying. The best place to check is the park website. But by the end of October they should be back to normal.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Saw an overhead photo of the park yesterday. Heavy flooding around the building where the boat tours depart. That nearby campground must be completely submerged. Not the first time, either.

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
All parks closed are on the FLSP website (almost all of them) Current reservations through 9/28 have been cancelled. If your reservation extends past that they will still be good. You will receive an automated call as your reservation date arrives and a refund email.

Parks are not answering phones and two we checked have the gates chained shut. If they can come on line sooner they will be on the reserveamerica site.

FL is a mess in many places still with power outages and fuel shortages.
Happy Trails ๐Ÿ™‚
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
I know that they had a lot of flooding. I havent heard more about them. May want to check reserve america for any updates.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992