cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happijack 4150's stop?

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, hopefully not for some guidance please. My jack motors run slow for several seconds then stop. I have to unplug, replug and go again. I bought my 03' Northern Lite used and there's no instructions. I had to replace two motors from Happijack so I know the motors are good. Battery is also good although a few years old. Any suggestions or is the system built this way? Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

stevenal
Nomad
Nomad
You should be able to find instructions at the Happijac (no k) website. The wired controller can either be reset by disconnecting like you did, or by simultaneously pushing the all up and all down buttons.
'18 Bigfoot 1500 Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I'll pull my boat batteries and try them to see if that's the cause. Other ideas are also appreciated. Yes, they turn ok by hand.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Another possibility is that automatic circuit breaker trips and the timing with pulling the plugs is just coincidence.
You need light probe for troubleshooting.

HMS_Beagle
Explorer
Explorer
Another possibility is the jack screws are corroded. Do the turn freely when operated by hand?
Bigfoot 10.4E, 2015 F350 6.7L DRW 2WD, Autoflex Ultra Air Ride rear suspension, Hellwig Bigwig sway bars front and rear

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Additionally, I keep my unit shore powered when running the jacks (and the house batteries) as well. Running the jacks on just shore power (no battery) is hard on the converter and I've noticed that if my remote's batteries are low, my jacks stop and then restart. A fresh battery cures that.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds to me like high resistance (corroded) connectors. I keep mine clean and apply di-electric grease to r e t a r d corrosion.

(certainly not a bad word but censored anyway...lol)
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB