cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shaw Direct changing coverage?

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
Recently I was advised by someone at Shaw Direct that my Older Sat Box seldom used now due to its larger physical size, would no longer work and that the Two Old Birds were being phased out of service!
The Newer Boxes (600 Series) will work fine with the Third Satellite which has a selected transmission beam to Canada only.
We have known for some time now that one day our access to Canadian TV while in The USA and Mexico would come to an end.
I wonder if this is it!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD
7 REPLIES 7

Lenny_K
Explorer
Explorer
When the day comes that we aren't able to receive Shaw in Arizona we will use just use the batwing antenna and receive numerous HD channels for free. No more Canucks hockey however.
Lenny and Ros
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LTZ Duramax 4x4 CC Dually, Banks Speed Brake
2012 Montana 3400 RL 680 Watts Solar, 440 Amps of Batteries, GP-ISW2000-12 Inverter, Trimetric 2020, EMSHW50C, Sailun Tires

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Just subscribe to a US service like Direct or Dish. They will certainly work in AZ. You will never be able to stream in Mexico via CG WiFi.

Moisheh

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
never had a need for TV while in mexico so for me its a non issue

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
There always has been speculation about Shaw pulling the plug on the two older sats. I know they are moving more programming to the new sat and when in the south we can't receive them but there is still a large number of users with the old boxes out there.

When you aim the dish, you point at one of the older sats even with the new 3 sat LNB, I can't see them changing as it could mean re-aiming dishes for their subscribers.

I thinks the older sats will be active for a while (with reduced channel choices and no high def coverage)

pomsplus
Explorer
Explorer
We have been using the 600 series receivers for awhile now. Last year got good coverage in US and previous year in both Mexico and US. However saying that you can never tell when the axe will fall on our viewing in US and Mexico.

thomasgunnar
Explorer
Explorer
We got something from them a while back saying we need to update some of our receivers. We have a bunch of older ones that we don't use any longer. I can't remember if the notice gave a reason for having to upgrade.
Chris
2003 F350 CC,4x4,6.0,Zoodad, 3 Pod Pillar Gauges, Sinister Coolant Filter, Scangauge II, Blue Spring Kit
2006 Jayco Eagle 301RLS 33'

dkilley
Explorer
Explorer
Guess it will be internet TV if this happens. Lets hope not