cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tesla Semi truck unveil & test ride set for Oct 26th !

8_1_Van
Explorer
Explorer
7,968 REPLIES 7,968

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
I far prefer to be passed by an electric bike vs a moped/scooter for both the lower noise and pollution. I am grateful when someone makes an effort so we can all live better.

Thats wonderful, thanks for letting us know!

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing but loonies here lately,Must be full moon out :B

https://youtu.be/20-l-Ho4N_U

8_1_Van
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
8.1 Van wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
1st off, I'm NOT your Pal...
2nd off, don't care how many miles you pedal.. it's YOUR CHOICE
3rd off, I'm still not your Pal....

I pedal daily as well, but don't tout that I'm saving the world by doing so.. carry on
\
You must be in a group home to post **** like that.

:B. You are farther gone then we first thought !! Glad your boosted, doing your part to save the world, 1 prick at a time ! Oh wait, 1 jab, sorry ,

Maybe ill go into a group home when the Tesla Semi is available for purchase and use is higher than minimal miles . . . Might be time for your meds nowโ€ฆ or another booster??

Wow, you are one sick MF.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
8.1 Van wrote:
BTW the last time my 8.1 van left the driveway was a few months ago when my wife used it to take furniture to our airbnb in Ocean Gate NJ.An EV that size would cost a fortune.

Are you saying an EV that is as capable as your van is impractical from a cost standpoint?
'Cause I think that's what those of us who are labeled anti-EV have been saying all along.
I'm personally not anti EV. Said it 100x on here, I would LOVE to have a Tesla that would absolutely destroy our SRT8 and not have to ring up $100 at the gas pump each time(current prices).
However, "that car" costs about 2.5x as much as the ole Hemi powered General Lee. I could drive the General Lee from here to your Air BnB and back, round trip, like 45 times, or 240,000 miles before it was a break even deal....Rough numbers

PS, we could still be pals. No animosity here. Heck I like your choice of vehicle, color and engine. Just pointin out the mild hypocrisy.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

8.1 Van wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:

I pedal daily as well, but don't tout that I'm saving the world by doing so.. carry on
\

:B. You are farther gone then we first thought !! Glad your boosted, doing your part to save the world, 1 prick at a time ! Oh wait, 1 jab, sorry ,

Maybe ill go into a group home when the Tesla Semi is available for purchase and use is higher than minimal miles . . . Might be time for your meds nowโ€ฆ or another booster??
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

8_1_Van
Explorer
Explorer

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
ford truck guy wrote:
I far prefer to be passed by an electric bike vs a moped/scooter for both the lower noise and pollution. I am grateful when someone makes an effort so we can all live better.

8_1_Van
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:

\

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
PS hats off to all you peddlers!
Aside from hockey, I donโ€™t generally participate in sports where I gotta be my own motorโ€ฆ
Although downhill Mtn biking is FUN! Especially with the ski lift to haul my fat arse back to the top!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
NOW this thread is going places!
First 8.1 actually speaks!
Second sounds like a Chevy guy is aboot to lay a good ole fashioned internet butt whuppin on a Ford owner or 2!!

Iโ€™ve learned, never mess with a dude whoโ€™s tracked how many miles heโ€™s rode his bike down to the 1/10th of a mile. Especially if heโ€™s advertising that heโ€™s boosted!!
(Booster, boosted, same thing, right?)

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
time2roll wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
time2roll wrote:
Pbutler97 wrote:
You would think that if they're so great trucking companies would be fighting to get them. Why is a tax credit needed? The only thing that comes from tax credits in situations like this is the taxpayer / consumer gets the shaft.
So increased fuel taxes we get the shaft.
And trucking subsidies we get the shaft.

No way to win here at all. Good luck on your lotto ticket tomorrow.

And how much have we spend guarding and patrolling the Gulf and oil shipping lanes. Not to mention American lives lost since.
I look forward to the day Russia and Middle East oil is mostly irrelevant.

Bring on the Semi. Elon says less than a month for Semi #1.

Isnโ€™t that just a tad wee bit hypocritical coming from you and considering the US and our Canuk brothers and sisters north of the Maple Syrup curtain could eeeeeasily be 1000% energy independent if not for the umm โ€œleftโ€ part of continent?

Or maybe you were just making a funny?

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

8_1_Van
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
saving the world 1 bike ride at a time ! ! !

The only thing your saving is your LEGS and exercise ! !

LMAO ! ! ! !

Are you in a group home or what pal ?:R 25,902.8 mi since October 2017 with 99% on my regular mountain bikes . How many miles did you do ?

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
time2roll wrote:
Pbutler97 wrote:
You would think that if they're so great trucking companies would be fighting to get them. Why is a tax credit needed? The only thing that comes from tax credits in situations like this is the taxpayer / consumer gets the shaft.
So increased fuel taxes we get the shaft.
And trucking subsidies we get the shaft.

No way to win here at all. Good luck on your lotto ticket tomorrow.

And how much have we spend guarding and patrolling the Gulf and oil shipping lanes. Not to mention American lives lost since.
I look forward to the day Russia and Middle East oil is mostly irrelevant.

Bring on the Semi. Elon says less than a month for Semi #1.