Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gasoline And Alcohol New Regs

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICO CITY (Reuters)

A Mexican judge granted a provisional suspension against modifications to a local regulation that opened the door containing up to 10% of ethanol in gasoline in Mexico, one of the environmental promoters of the measure said.

Politician Gabriel Quadri said the judge's decision announced Wednesday, limited ethanol content to a maximum of 5.8%, according to a previous filing with the court.

It also suspends the new vapor pressure limit on gasoline that set the new standard and leaves it as it was in the previous regulation, which would make it difficult to use 10% ethanol in gasoline, Quadri said.

"This amparo suit was filed precisely to prevent CRE (Energy Regulatory Commission) from over-riding the environmental rights of all Mexicans in order to satisfy the commercial interests of the ethanol lobby of the United States," he said Quadri a Reuters.

"Ethanol, according to all scientific studies, has a greater ozone generation potential than its own gasoline or other petrochemical additives," he added.

Lee: Hacienda will "ease" the price of gasoline in 2018.

The CRE published the end of June amendments to the NOM-016 that raised the content of 10% ethanol in gasoline but not in diesel, despite opposition from environmentalists who claim to raise pollution.

The measure announced by the CRE excludes the metropolitan areas of the Valley of Mexico, of Guadalajara, in the west of the country, and the area of Monterrey, in the north.
4 REPLIES 4

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Alcohol fuel sucks. You do get bad mpg. In hot weather if your motor runs on the hot side the computer will adjust to prevent pinging and power is down. Aside from that Ethanol is not good for the environment. The mfr. of Ethanol which includes planting and harvesting uses fossil fuel.

Moisheh

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Transparent as mud.
But the overwhelming majority of it is 0.00%

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
Currently both grades of gasoline contain no ethanol in Mexico?

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
I will definitely stay away from the gasolina but:

I will definitely drink a good Tequila or a good Mescal even a good Pulque Curado!

I have noticed that my toad runs different with fuel that has alcohol in it, sluggish and drinks a lot more fuel for the miles traveled, never tried a gasoline buster or octane booster, wonder if anyone here has any experience with those?

navegator