cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Alignment Done...Feeling Much Better Now

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
Our "new to us" class c ( E 450 chassis) with low miles, was very "nervous " (apparently very common on the Fords) when driving. Got her set-up with a little more than +5 degrees caster... the drive home from Billings was much more pleasant, than the drive to!
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl
9 REPLIES 9

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
Desert Captain wrote:
Another vote for the heavy duty Bilstein's. Replaced the original shocks at 33,000 miles on my 2012 E-350 24' class C and the improvement was off of the chart. Absolutely no need to do anything further.

Leaving in the morning for another 2 week trip up to the southern Rockies... and yes Brian I will be towing the Super Glide on our Kendon trailer. Wolf creek Pass here we come, Woo hoo!

:B

Nice !
Someday will be back riding the RK !

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another vote for the heavy duty Bilstein's. Replaced the original shocks at 33,000 miles on my 2012 E-350 24' class C and the improvement was off of the chart. Absolutely no need to do anything further.

Leaving in the morning for another 2 week trip up to the southern Rockies... and yes Brian I will be towing the Super Glide on our Kendon trailer. Wolf creek Pass here we come, Woo hoo!

:B

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
klutchdust wrote:
Koni RV shocks added to mine, pricey but took the "roll" out of it and most if not all the big rig sway when they pass. And that severe banging over RR tracks and the like, gone....

So did you do Koni's or Bilstein shocks ? I've read a few of your posts and you have commented you replaced with both.
?
5/17/17 you posted :
Heavy duty sway bars,bilstein shocks and wheel alignment did it for my 30Ft. Cambria. Also that teeth grinding pounding when going over tracks or bumps is minimal. If you buy cheap shocks nothing will change, based on what I have read on these forums. Also air pressure, keep after that.

I know I've posted on several threads here on the Koni shocks and felt they were a waste of money on the front , but were good on the rear.
If I had it to do over I'd stay with Bilstein's HD front and rear.

As to the OP
If you haven't yet? Replace that undersize front anti sway bar !
With a Hellwig , you'll really notice the difference..

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Paul, way to go on the Koni's.

My Koni FSD shocks (in just the rear) are doing the same for me. I haven't put them on the front yet, as the coil springs in the front are not harsh on RR tracks, potholes etc..
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Koni RV shocks added to mine, pricey but took the "roll" out of it and most if not all the big rig sway when they pass. And that severe banging over RR tracks and the like, gone....

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
Safe-T-Plus is a steering stabilizer I have used on a class A and now my class C. It helps when big trucks pass you. There are several other brands out there.
http://www.safe-t-plus.com/
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
AJR wrote:
Now add something like a Safe-T-Plus and you are done.

An older fig may want a swaybar in the back. Mine only has 13k miles on it but the swaybar will be next from what I read here.

Go have some fun with it.

Hellwig sway bars coming in the near future!

Pardon my ignorance,but... what is Safe - T - Plus
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
Now add something like a Safe-T-Plus and you are done.

An older fig may want a swaybar in the back. Mine only has 13k miles on it but the swaybar will be next from what I read here.

Go have some fun with it.
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
You don't mind spending money as much when something works ๐Ÿ˜‰
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind