Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hotel, motel, people and dogs

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer

:B

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

27 REPLIES 27

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
I guess there are well behaved and otherwise dogs just as there are both kinds of people.

The mystery to me is, why don't motel chains or associations keep track of the good customers and waive the pet deposit fee for them? This would work really well to gain customer loyalty.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
jplante4 wrote:
We allow children and dogs into the RV store. People with unruly dogs rarely bring them in. People with unruly children are afraid to leave them alone. I'm trying to get management to allow me to put up a sign...

"Unruly children will be given a Red Bull and a dime store kazoo upon exiting"

I like.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
We allow children and dogs into the RV store. People with unruly dogs rarely bring them in. People with unruly children are afraid to leave them alone. I'm trying to get management to allow me to put up a sign...

"Unruly children will be given a Red Bull and a dime store kazoo upon exiting"
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

NEnative
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to add something to this conversation. I work for the U.S. Postal Service (let the jokes begin) and earlier this week in one of our local offices here in southern N.J. a woman came into the retail lobby with two children in tow. One of the kids that is about six years old proceeds to drop his pants and poops right in the lobby. Mom sees what happened and just walks out the door as if nothing is wrong. The window clerk sees it all and can't believe it. I saw the pictures of the tile floor with the "logs" myself or I would have thought the story was made up.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
hotels and motels do allow dogs and whatever with their fleas and poop and their urine in their rooms

LOL! I don't think hotels/motels "allow" this-sometimes stuff just happens.

Don't even want to get into the places where people change diapers...

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

gsutton
Explorer
Explorer
hotels and motels do allow dogs and whatever with their fleas and poop and their urine in their rooms but smoke a cigarette in the room and they want to charge you $250 to clean it.go figure

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
JimK-NY wrote:
I have never seen a dog that looked embarrassed or ashamed. Dogs often have fleas. Fleas infestations can be nasty and expensive and those of us who are allergic to flea bites would not even once consider staying in a pet friendly motel. Dogs also do not wear underwear and have a tendency to rub their butts on upholstery and bedding. Yuck!!

These sorts of issues, along with bed bugs, poor sanitation and infrequent laundry of outer bedding are among the reasons I enjoy having my own RV to sleep in.

Flea infestations, flea bites, rubbing butts on furniture and bedding......LOL. Just a little broad spectrum generalization about dogs. (and the exceptions) Just saying.
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
They change the sheets everyday, but do not change the bedspreads.

So how much stuff you think is on those bedspreads!

Hmmm... Average 2 people per nite per day x 365 x how ever long the motel has been open.
That's a whole lot of people sleeping in one bed!

Yup and that's how this is related to RV'ing. I KNOW who's been sleeping in my bed, in my MH, me.

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
JimK-NY wrote:
I have never seen a dog that looked embarrassed or ashamed. Dogs often have fleas. Fleas infestations can be nasty and expensive and those of us who are allergic to flea bites would not even once consider staying in a pet friendly motel. Dogs also do not wear underwear and have a tendency to rub their butts on upholstery and bedding. Yuck!!

These sorts of issues, along with bed bugs, poor sanitation and infrequent laundry of outer bedding are among the reasons I enjoy having my own RV to sleep in.

Flea treatments have improved so much over the past 30 years, that there is no reason for a dog to have fleas. My dogs got treated the day they came home with me and have not had a flea since.

As for dogs rubbing their butts on stuff, I think you'd be surprised how many people wipe themselves with towels, sheets, etc.

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
ford truck guy wrote:
gbopp wrote:
SidecarFlip wrote:
Dogs have fleas, dogs leave hair behind and some dogs defecate in the room too.... and whizz and they don't use the commode.

Actually, this sounds like some humans I've encountered. :E

I was just gonna say that ! :B

I worked retail for years. I cleaned dressing rooms for this kind of stuff. I also worked at a boarding kennel. Trust me, the dogs were a LOT cleaner. And when they did make a mess, they were embarrassed and ashamed....

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
Dogs have fleas, dogs leave hair behind and some dogs defecate in the room too.... and whizz and they don't use the commode.

I always stay in a no smoking no pet room in any motel..

But then I prefer a dog over a lot of humans.

X2
:B

gbopp wrote:
SidecarFlip wrote:

I was just gonna say that ! :B
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote: