Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Rallies, Shows and Gatherings: Hershey RV Show info
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Hershey RV Show info

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
dblr

Newark De

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/13/17 04:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Went to the Hershey show today and it was very crowded!!!!!! Heads up they have a security check set up at the base of the steps before the bridge so plan for a long line especially on Saturday. No metal, empty pockets and walk thru a metal detector. Not bad but slowing the entry process a lot.

05 F350
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

Lwiddis

Los Angeles :(

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/13/17 05:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reasonable security is good and a fact of life.

2015 Winnebago 2101DS TT & Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts WindyNation solar - parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for USC & historical flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county campgrounds. 14 year Army vet.

Tyler0215

Iowa

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/17 08:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What a sad state of affairs when you have a metal detector at an RV show!

Dennis12

Ridgeley WV

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/17 01:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So your saying leave my pistol in the truck ?? Not sad state of affairs, just a sad state. I carry everywhere I go. Thank god for WV and open carry.

Dennis Hoppert

DelawareCamper

Newark, Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/17 12:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dblr wrote:

Went to the Hershey show today and it was very crowded!!!!!! Heads up they have a security check set up at the base of the steps before the bridge so plan for a long line especially on Saturday. No metal, empty pockets and walk thru a metal detector. Not bad but slowing the entry process a lot.

WHAT DID YOU BUY THIS TIME?

dblr

Newark De

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/16/17 04:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DelawareCamper wrote:

dblr wrote:

WHAT DID YOU BUY THIS TIME?

Just my admission ticket [emoticon]

Ralph Cramden

US

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/17 08:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IMO Hershey is 15 acres of shoddily assembled garbage, that you pay to see and get the opportunity to fight through a crowd to do so. We have went 1/2 a dozen times over the years, and I'm so happy the wife lost interest in it I could poop my pants.

But if it floats your boat have at it.

2017 Rockwood Roo 23WS
2013 Keystone Passport 235EXP
2011 Aerolite 185E
2010 Palomino Y4124

2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE 6.0 DCLB Z71
2013 F150 XLT RCLB 5.0 4X4

I'll be sending you a box in the mail!

itguy08

PA

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/17 07:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ralph Cramden wrote:

IMO Hershey is 15 acres of shoddily assembled garbage, that you pay to see and get the opportunity to fight through a crowd to do so. We have went 1/2 a dozen times over the years, and I'm so happy the wife lost interest in it I could poop my pants.

But if it floats your boat have at it.

Didn't see too much "shoddily assembled garbage".

jfkmk

NJ

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/17 07:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We went to the show today and found it worthwhile. First time in a couple of years we saw some floor plans were interested in. I can't remember going through the metal detectors before. What amazed me is the number of humongous rvs. Not my cup of tea, but that's why they make vanilla and chocolate!

Drbolasky

Allentown, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/17 07:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We went on Thursday of the show, precisely because the weekend is just plain nuts. Did not see any units that I had planned to look at but then again we are not really in the market for a new TT anyway. One BIG mistake I made was taking DW to see the Airstreams. I have to keep reminding her she married for love, not for money.

Other than that the only brand that caught my eye (that is - had the things/floorplans that appealed to us) was Lance.

Overall, RV manufacturers are starting to get away from the overly dark interior treatments that have been the norm for the last 10 years. Long overdue IMHO.

On edit - metal detectors, yes. I had to take my keychain back to my truck because I have one of the little Harbor Freight key knives on the ring. Weapons were explicitly prohibited, so I'm not sure a concealed carry permit would make any difference.

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew
2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors
">

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Hershey RV Show info
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS