Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Did I just do a stupid thing with my fan install?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Did I just do a stupid thing with my fan install?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/17 09:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mike-s wrote:

dougrainer wrote:

$16 for a roof AC gasket is price gouging????????????????????? For $16 you rigged something up? WHO uses a AC gasket for a Fan install???? NOBODY in their right mind. Doug
That's harsh. He was doing what he thought was right. And it was right for the primary need - there shouldn't be any leaking issues. Just a lot of work (or more probably, a larger area which needs sealing) the next time the fan has to come out, which hopefully is in a long, long while.

Yeah, it's garbage posts like that that inspired me to block him long ago.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins (lightly bombed),
2018 Silver Fox 32A - many mods to come!
H0NDA eu2000i

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/17 05:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ScottG wrote:

mike-s wrote:

dougrainer wrote:

$16 for a roof AC gasket is price gouging????????????????????? For $16 you rigged something up? WHO uses a AC gasket for a Fan install???? NOBODY in their right mind. Doug
That's harsh. He was doing what he thought was right. And it was right for the primary need - there shouldn't be any leaking issues. Just a lot of work (or more probably, a larger area which needs sealing) the next time the fan has to come out, which hopefully is in a long, long while.

Yeah, it's garbage posts like that that inspired me to block him long ago.

The poster ASKED the question. Is he an Idiot? I did not state he was, but pointed out he did not use common sense when he installed the fan. NOT a Garbage post. I am sometimes VERY blunt, but I do not post garbage. Block me? Get a life. Doug

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/17 09:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LOL

MEXICOWANDERER

las peƱas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/17 11:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HE, is a very sweet lady. And those who mock quests for knowledge have a sad lot in life. Very high on the arrogance meter. What a shame.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Did I just do a stupid thing with my fan install?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS