cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saint Louis to Nashville?

Bull_Rider
Explorer
Explorer
We're currently at Babler State Park just SW of Saint Louis. Heading to Nashville tomorrow morning.

I'm getting a different route depending on Garmin, Google Maps, or Basecamp.

So, any input from those that know would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance....
If you receive help from other members, don't forget to update your topic with the results.
7 REPLIES 7

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Bull Rider wrote:
Thank you. Went through Saint Louis at 0800.

Sorry but going through ANY major metro area at morning or afternoon rush hour in an RV is not too smart.

That may not be a "nice" thing to say but it is TRUE.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We take 57 to 24 from central illinois. It's pretty easy driving.

Bull_Rider
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. Went through Saint Louis at 0800. Traffic was pretty exciting. I knew it would be heavy, but it moved pretty well. Lots of high speed drivers with phones, books, newspapers and a couple of other things that I won't mention,

In Nashville now. Wooooooooooooooot.
If you receive help from other members, don't forget to update your topic with the results.

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
kohldad wrote:
I would do 64-57-24. I think it's a bit smoother than 55. However, 55 is a bit prettier.

This is also much shorter than 55, which takes you quite a ways south to cross the Mississippi.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

Bull_Rider
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Kohldad. Appreciate the input.

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
I would do 64-57-24. I think it's a bit smoother than 55. However, 55 is a bit prettier.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
WHY are you getting different routes ?
Have you specified parameters that make things difficult.....like "shortest" ?

Overall, there really is only ONE good route:
I64 to I57 to I24
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"