cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cardlocks (Pacific Pride, etc)

ctilsie242
Explorer
Explorer
I have been recommended by others to get a Pacific Pride or other cardlock station membership. Supposedly, because cardlock stations have no amenities other than fuel pumps, they are a lot less crowded, and people there move more quickly than in normal truck stops or other places.

Does anyone use this? This appears to be a nice alternative on long trips than dealing with the bedlam of most gas stations.
9 REPLIES 9

seaeagle2
Explorer
Explorer
The company I work for uses Pacific Pride, I can't speak to pricing since as pointed out they don't post prices on the pumps. Since their target market is large diesel trucks, they are often located near industrial or agricultural centers. As far as being busy, around here (greater Seattle area) the sites are busy first thing in morning as company trucks fuel up for the day, then virtually deserted the rest of the time....
2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson

S_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
I have used PP for the last 15 years for my business, the stations are usually easier to get in and out of and most have a bathroom that you can access with your card. They have an app to find fueling locations that gives you what services are at each location as well as how good the access is.

dave_smith1
Explorer
Explorer
We've been using Pioneer Fuel for several years. They are a PP reseller & cater to RV's. Monthly auto checking acct withdrawls make it pretty simple. Prices are always at or below other stations in the area when I refuel. And since the stations are designed for trucks it's much easier to get in & out. Plus no waiting for a gas jockey in Oregon. Plus much less busy. Win-win.
Regards,
Dave & Kristi Smith
----------------------
2013 Arctic Fox 29-5K FW
2011 Ford F350 Lariat
Visit our RV site!

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
dons2346 wrote:
I have been using Pacific Pride for a number of years. Yes, they can be more expensive than other stations and yes they can be cheaper. I plan my fueling around PP and Flying J/Pilot. When there are stations in close proximity, I call and get the price of the PP fuel and then compare it to the others. You do not have to purchase a set number of gallons per year and there is no fee. I have it set up where they charge my bank account monthly and I have never had an issue. I do not chase the lower prices at the little mom and pop stores just to save a few cents. Convenience is worth it to me to go to a big station and not have to fool with the little bumper car crowd

Are affiliated with a business?

Nope! I called PP and asked for an application,told them I was a motorhome owner. Received my app, filled it out and sent it in. Received my card lock card and have been using it ever since.

Only thing is that I had to sign a statement that I would not use the PP site to pump regular gas in the state of Oregon.

You can get a monthly billing statement and then write them a check but our travels and a mail forwarding service made it simpler to let them do a bank draft. I watch it every month paying attention to what they tell me the cost of my fuel is per gallon and what I am charged for and it has always been right to the penny. No problems with PP whatsoever

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
dons2346 wrote:
I have been using Pacific Pride for a number of years. Yes, they can be more expensive than other stations and yes they can be cheaper. I plan my fueling around PP and Flying J/Pilot. When there are stations in close proximity, I call and get the price of the PP fuel and then compare it to the others. You do not have to purchase a set number of gallons per year and there is no fee. I have it set up where they charge my bank account monthly and I have never had an issue. I do not chase the lower prices at the little mom and pop stores just to save a few cents. Convenience is worth it to me to go to a big station and not have to fool with the little bumper car crowd

Are affiliated with a business?

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
A few years back the Auto dealership I worked at had one of those card lock cards, they don't post the price like reg stations nor were they on the pumps either.
It just showed how many gallons of fuel you pumped.
We'd get the bill monthly.

We quit using it because their prices fluctuated worse than the stations across the street from it...
And no they were not that much lower, maybe $.04 at most..

JeremyFr
Explorer
Explorer
I looked into this in the past and they only deal with businesses.
2016 Ford F150 XLT SCREW Long Bed 4x4 3.5L EcoBoost with Stage 3 Livernois Tunes

2007 Jayco JayFlight 23FB

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
ctilsie242 wrote:
I have been recommended by others to get a Pacific Pride or other cardlock station membership. Supposedly, because cardlock stations have no amenities other than fuel pumps, they are a lot less crowded, and people there move more quickly than in normal truck stops or other places.

Does anyone use this? This appears to be a nice alternative on long trips than dealing with the bedlam of most gas stations.

My understanding is they're business oriented.