Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Cardlocks (Pacific Pride, etc)
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Cardlocks (Pacific Pride, etc)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
ctilsie242

Austin

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/17 12:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been recommended by others to get a Pacific Pride or other cardlock station membership. Supposedly, because cardlock stations have no amenities other than fuel pumps, they are a lot less crowded, and people there move more quickly than in normal truck stops or other places.

Does anyone use this? This appears to be a nice alternative on long trips than dealing with the bedlam of most gas stations.

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/17 01:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ctilsie242 wrote:

I have been recommended by others to get a Pacific Pride or other cardlock station membership. Supposedly, because cardlock stations have no amenities other than fuel pumps, they are a lot less crowded, and people there move more quickly than in normal truck stops or other places.

Does anyone use this? This appears to be a nice alternative on long trips than dealing with the bedlam of most gas stations.

My understanding is they're business oriented.

JeremyFr

Spanaway, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/13/17 04:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I looked into this in the past and they only deal with businesses.

2002 Ford F150 XL 4.2L
2007 Jayco JayFlight 23FB

OFDPOS

Nor Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/13/17 04:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A few years back the Auto dealership I worked at had one of those card lock cards, they don't post the price like reg stations nor were they on the pumps either.
It just showed how many gallons of fuel you pumped.
We'd get the bill monthly.

We quit using it because their prices fluctuated worse than the stations across the street from it...
And no they were not that much lower, maybe $.04 at most..

dons2346

Sioux Falls, SD, formerly of So. CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/13/17 05:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been using Pacific Pride for a number of years. Yes, they can be more expensive than other stations and yes they can be cheaper. I plan my fueling around PP and Flying J/Pilot. When there are stations in close proximity, I call and get the price of the PP fuel and then compare it to the others. You do not have to purchase a set number of gallons per year and there is no fee. I have it set up where they charge my bank account monthly and I have never had an issue. I do not chase the lower prices at the little mom and pop stores just to save a few cents. Convenience is worth it to me to go to a big station and not have to fool with the little bumper car crowd

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/17 10:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dons2346 wrote:

I have been using Pacific Pride for a number of years. Yes, they can be more expensive than other stations and yes they can be cheaper. I plan my fueling around PP and Flying J/Pilot. When there are stations in close proximity, I call and get the price of the PP fuel and then compare it to the others. You do not have to purchase a set number of gallons per year and there is no fee. I have it set up where they charge my bank account monthly and I have never had an issue. I do not chase the lower prices at the little mom and pop stores just to save a few cents. Convenience is worth it to me to go to a big station and not have to fool with the little bumper car crowd

Are affiliated with a business?

dons2346

Sioux Falls, SD, formerly of So. CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/14/17 01:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

goducks10 wrote:

dons2346 wrote:

Are affiliated with a business?

Nope! I called PP and asked for an application,told them I was a motorhome owner. Received my app, filled it out and sent it in. Received my card lock card and have been using it ever since.

Only thing is that I had to sign a statement that I would not use the PP site to pump regular gas in the state of Oregon.

You can get a monthly billing statement and then write them a check but our travels and a mail forwarding service made it simpler to let them do a bank draft. I watch it every month paying attention to what they tell me the cost of my fuel is per gallon and what I am charged for and it has always been right to the penny. No problems with PP whatsoever

dave_smith

Portland, OR, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/17 08:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've been using Pioneer Fuel for several years. They are a PP reseller & cater to RV's. Monthly auto checking acct withdrawls make it pretty simple. Prices are always at or below other stations in the area when I refuel. And since the stations are designed for trucks it's much easier to get in & out. Plus no waiting for a gas jockey in Oregon. Plus much less busy. Win-win.

Regards,
Dave & Kristi Smith
----------------------
2013 Arctic Fox 29-5K FW
2011 Ford F350 Lariat
Visit our RV site!

S Davis

Western WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/17 04:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have used PP for the last 15 years for my business, the stations are usually easier to get in and out of and most have a bathroom that you can access with your card. They have an app to find fueling locations that gives you what services are at each location as well as how good the access is.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Cardlocks (Pacific Pride, etc)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS