cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SC State Parks Update ??

AikenRacer
Explorer
Explorer
If anyone hears of any updates on Edisto Island State Park, Hunting Island State Park or Huntington Beach State Park, please post. Hopefully the hurricane / storm surges did not do too much damage. Thanks!!
2012 Tuscany 42RQ tag
2005 Silverado 2500 w/ piggy back golf cart
9 REPLIES 9

Veronica
Explorer
Explorer
Got an email today that my Hunting Island reservations for next weekend are cancelled. ๐Ÿ˜ž
'96 Roadtrek 210 Popular

"You have to write the book that wants to be written. And if the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children."
~~Madeleine Lโ€™Engle

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
South Carolina Parks update from their website.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

AikenRacer
Explorer
Explorer
I think you are right...it is ironic that the entire electrical system at Edisto is brand new. Just installed after Matthew....what a waste....
2012 Tuscany 42RQ tag

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I may have misread about MBSP. I did get an email stating Hunting Island has cancelled all reservations for the rest of the year.

One key reason for the closing is that storm surge caused damage to and corroded the power systems which have to be replaced. Same at Edisto. This from the state park website.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

AikenRacer
Explorer
Explorer
Well, just got an email saying our reservations for Edisto Beach state park are cancelled until the end of the year....****!!
2012 Tuscany 42RQ tag

southernsnow
Explorer
Explorer
Read with interest from wildtoad that MBSP was closed because we are headed there Saturday. This may be an update, but I just checked scstateparks website and MB state park is not listed as one of the closed parks. Huntingdon says opens tomorrow 9/13. i hope the parks affected will recover soon.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
Fripp Island, just adjacent to Hunting Island is completely closed due to the closing of the Harbor Island bridge, which sustained damage. I guess that means that Hunting Island is also closed.

I saw many pics of Fripp from residents that are still there and did not evacuate. There was major damage to many of the houses, beaches and businesses.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I read that they are closed till further notice. MBSP is also closed. I suspect the mega commercial parks are closed as well but that just a guess.

Just read that Huntington should be open on 9/13.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Chrisatthebeach
Explorer
Explorer
I have not yet heard of any damages to Hunting Island, I live inland about 15 miles from Parris Island right on the water, we had gusts up to 78 mph, very scary. The high tide and storm surge was just before 300pm and it got just as high as it did with Matthew. Our home escaped damage we now have a lot to clean up.

Driving to Charleston today several areas on US17 showed evidence of water being over all 4 lanes.
Chris & Dianne
Jayco Designer 3110 SOLD 6-11-2016, looking for the next one.
F250 PSD 4x4 Crew Cab