Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: 03 HR Ambassador 38 pusher air pressure leak
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> 03 HR Ambassador 38 pusher air pressure leak

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
staltydog

Mississippi

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/12/17 08:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have recently built a Storage Building on a level concrete pad. In the past the area was not level and I parked with the air parking brake on. Now that it is level I used wheel chocks and parking brake off. However, I went to start the coach after about 3 weeks parked I noticed the parking brake control button was popped up in the On position. Once started the air tanks began to fill and at about 80 PSI I heard a loud air leak noise directly under the driver side. I did a quick look under and could not find an "obvious" leak. Also, the Brake light would never go out - although the brake did not seem to be on as I could put the coach in gear and no noticeable brake seemed on. Is there a valve somewhere I should check? Any advice on this Roadmaster chassis?

Ivylog

Blairsville, GA and WPB, FL.

View Profile

Posted: 09/12/17 09:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Guess you did not like the answers you got in the Class A section. Do you really think this is the correct section???

This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.

04 Monaco Dynasty 42' quad slide
How I tow.
Towing a Prius without a dolly
Where am I?
How I spend the winter.

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 09/12/17 09:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not surprising that air would leak out over three weeks time. Once it's gone the P brake is allowed to work. Remember that air is used to over ride the spring in the air-type P brake.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins (lightly bombed),
2018 Silver Fox 32A - many mods to come!
H0NDA eu2000i

Washington, DC

View Profile

Posted: 09/12/17 07:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

staltydog

Mississippi

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/12/17 08:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry I am new to this forum and do not see any reply posts in Class A. Thought that may have been the incorrect forum. I was looking for assistance as to why while the engine is running I have a loud leak and will never fully pressurize?

Ivylog

Blairsville, GA and WPB, FL.

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/17 06:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try engaging/disengaging the parking brake several times with the air pressure above 60 psi. Below 60 you cannot disengage the parking brake...they came on automatically even though you parked with them off once the pressure leaked down to approximately 60 psi.

SS Slacker

Lino Lakes, MN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/13/17 11:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a leak on my 2003 Roadmaster this spring that wouldn't allow it to air up fully and I could hear it leaking under the RV. It ended up being the electronic moister ejector valve on the bottom of the air tank (2 wires going to it). I had to replace it. If possible, crawl under the RV and listen by that valve on the air tank.

Dan & Tracy
2003 HR Neptune 36PBD
300 ISB Cummins/5-Speed

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> 03 HR Ambassador 38 pusher air pressure leak
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS