cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

dometic fridge heat element replacement

MN_Lance
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, is there anyway short of fridge removal to easly replace the electric heat element? thanks for any help. trailer is a sunnybrook harmony.

dometic dm2652
2008 F350 CC 4x4, V10, Air bags, overload spring helpers, Rancho RS9000X with a 2008 Lance 861
9 REPLIES 9

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
Chris Bryant wrote:
Boon Docker wrote:
No plate on mine, had to unbutton the whole flue to replace the element.

I bet you have the German cooling unit- that one is a pain, but they are pretty rare.
IIRC, I did some sheet metal work on the one I had to do, and fabricated a door.

My 2011 outback also without any access, just a long tall flue.

so is the german cooling unit any better than any other?
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Boon Docker wrote:

I bet you have the German cooling unit- that one is a pain, but they are pretty rare.
IIRC, I did some sheet metal work on the one I had to do, and fabricated a door.
-- Chris Bryant

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Boon Docker wrote:
I would really like to see you or Chris un-button the flue on my DM2652 that goes 3/4 the way up the back of the fridge without removing the fridge. ๐Ÿ™‚

There is a sliding plate that covers the flue where the heating element goes remove that and it's a piece of cake. No need to remove the whole flue.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would really like to see you or Chris un-button the flue on my DM2652 that goes 3/4 the way up the back of the fridge without removing the fridge. ๐Ÿ™‚

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
All rv absorption fridges have a lower side wall vent/access cover that allows access to control board and burner area

BUT not all accesses allow easy R/R of electric heat element.....especially if RV MFG properly installed fridge with the tight clearances recommended by RV Fridge Mfgs.

As noted by Chris......remove the mounting screws and push it forward to gain access. No need to completely remove.....just a few inches so you can reach in and R/R element.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have a small access panel close to the bottom of the flue it is an easy task. Just open the access panel and slid the old out and new in, if it is not rusted in place. If no access panel then you have to pull the fridge to open up the whole length of the flue.

I believe your unit will have to be completely removed.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Worst case should be removing 6 mounting screws and pushing forward a few inches- usually don't even have to unhook lip line.
-- Chris Bryant

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Open the outside lower access panel. It should be right there.