Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Scotch ???
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
joelyn

Az

View Profile

Posted: 09/10/17 11:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What does it mean when they talk about a single malt scotch or a double malt scotch? and does anyone know which brand of scotch would be either of them ?????
thanks

Bowling Green, KY

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/17 06:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Single Scotch Malt

Gary C

Rose Hill, MS

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/17 08:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Single malt is scotch from one distillery. Blended scotch is several different scotches mixed together. Most of your higher end whiskys are single malts and there are too many to list. My go to scotch is Highland Park 12 year old, a moderately priced ($50 a bottle) scotch that's pretty good. Blended scotch is often the cheaper ones like Cutty Sark, etc. but there are good blended scotches like some of the higher end Johnnie Walker blends.

PA12DRVR

Back in God's Country

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/17 01:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gary C wrote:

Single malt is scotch from one distillery. Blended scotch is several different scotches mixed together. Most of your higher end whiskys are single malts and there are too many to list. My go to scotch is Highland Park 12 year old, a moderately priced ($50 a bottle) scotch that's pretty good. Blended scotch is often the cheaper ones like Cutty Sark, etc. but there are good blended scotches like some of the higher end Johnnie Walker blends.

I drank a fair amount of Scotch in my day....tending more towards bourbon nowadays.

Funny, my son drinks Cutty Sark at his house, but when Pops takes him out, it's always The Macallan.

Met two guys the other day carting a cooler of ice off the local glacier: going to be dedicated ice for their Scotch and Bourbon...apparently it melts at a much slower rate. Learn something every day.

CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

Orion

Pacific South West

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/17 06:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Met two guys the other day carting a cooler of ice off the local glacier: going to be dedicated ice for their Scotch and Bourbon...apparently it melts at a much slower rate.

Nah! Should put a few pebbles in the freezer, the original 'Scotch on the Rocks'. No sense in diluting it any more than one or two DROPS of water, which does actually improve the taste. Makes as much sense as buying 'Lite' beer!- better to use 'ordinary' beer and add 28% water!

'IT'S' always means 'IT IS'

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS