cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Traveling from Cincinnati to Disney World. Where to stop?

jabres
Explorer II
Explorer II
Traveling here the second week of October, from Cincinnati to Disney World. Not bringing the travel trailer, but still looking for advice on a stopping point area, or "must sees" along the way. Thinking about stopping near Atlanta along the way, spending a day, or someone along that route, but wasn't sure of much attractions along that route. Traveling with a 4 year old, so the attractions would have to be kid friendly.
Thanks!!
21 REPLIES 21

Rangerman40
Explorer
Explorer
I live in Dayton and if you can't get to at least Atlanta you aren't really trying. Most of the time I get down toward Valdosta before I stop, and that's with trailer in tow. Chattanooga is waaay to close to stop IMO. Just makes the second day suck because Georgia takes forever to get through.

jabres
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks guys!

01tundra
Explorer
Explorer
Chattanooga restaurants -

We like the Big River Grille down by the aquarium (222 Broad St, Chattanooga, TN 37402).

Also Beast + Barrel on the opposite side of the river just across the bridge near the aquarium is really good (16 Frazier Ave, Chattanooga, TN 37405).

If you want something upscale, Rodizio Grill is hard to beat (439 Broad St, Chattanooga, TN 37402).

Of course being downtown, none of these would be RV friendly to drive to or find parking near.
2020 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
2017 GMC 2500HD Denali Duramax

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
Bears Den wrote:
If you have plans to stay FW, you may want to check with them. I understand they took a hit from Hurricane Irma.

Fort Wilderness is scheduled to reopen September 18th.

We went over to Disney for lunch on Tuesday since we had no electricity (or air conditioning). Things looked fine except for some downed trees and high water. The parks are in good shape.

I drive through Disney World on my way to work each day. As of this morning, most gas stations are now open and have gas, so things are improving. Only passed two non functioning traffic lights, one in Clermont on highway 27 and the other on Osceola Parkway next to Gaylord Palms. They should be back shortly.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

Mark_and_Linda
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on where you stay in the Chattanooga area and tour the Aquarium...lots of nice restaurants close by. The Electric Tram is free to ride from the last time we rode on it. It will take you around the downtown area and also to the Chattanooga Choo-Choo. The station is there....
Mark

jabres
Explorer II
Explorer II
Merrykalia- Thanks for the recommendations. Did you buy your rv from Holman RV in Batavia? then drive it back home?

Bears Den- what exactly is "FW"

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
If you have plans to stay FW, you may want to check with them. I understand they took a hit from Hurricane Irma.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
jabres - I don't really have any personal recommendations since we did McD's on our last trip through there (hahaha), but I have heard that the Bluegrass Grill has a fabulous breakfast and Uncle Larry's Restaurant is supposed to have great food, especially the catfish.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

jabres
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lol, yea Chattanooga is only about 5 hours and 15 minutes from my driveway. That would be perfect for leaving after work, making a good stopping point. Any recommendations on hole in the wall good restaurants there?

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
ken56 wrote:
From Cinci you are looking at a good 10-12 hr. drive to Chattanooga, then another 12 hr. day to Orlando

According to Google Maps, it is 5 hrs and 16 minutes.

I drove it with our brand new camper from Batavia, OH to the Walmart in Chattanooga on a Friday evening (yeah, think traffic out the whazoo) in 6 hrs and 40 minutes, which included 2 bathroom breaks and a dinner break.

From Chattanooga, it is at least an 8 hr drive to Disney World, more with stops.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
Coke museum in Atlanta, Disney is open today.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
From Cinci you are looking at a good 10-12 hr. drive to Chattanooga, then another 12 hr. day to Orlando so if you are wanting to see attractions in the area then an 2 night stay is required. I also think Chatt is the better choice for things to see and do over Atlanta for the kids. Aquarium is one of the best even though ATL has a very nice one as well. The Incline Railway/Lookout Mountain is pretty neat too.

Rock City and Ruby falls are interesting and there is the Creative Discovery Museum with hands on exihibits for the kids. Lots to do.

jabres
Explorer II
Explorer II
How about good restaurants in Chattanooga? Anywhere we must eat at?

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
You think things will be back to normal at DW? I don't.
They are opening back up tomorrow.

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel