cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refused entry with a truck & camper

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Had a call this morning from Mike & Terri, they are being refused entry with a truck camper on a 1 ton. My mexican partner is trying to deal with it via phone. Not sure if the issue is the truck being a 1 ton or the fact the TC has no plate (which is the case in many states & provinces). If anyone is running into this sort of thing this season, can you please post the circumstances here. This is happening at Columbia, BTW.
201 REPLIES 201

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Corruption at norder ctossings has brcome rampant ? AMLO has recognised thid but hard to correct? Officials have been fired.
Moisheh

pezvela
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I live in Mexico for seven months of the year, and am here right now. Have been since November. Nothing reported on the Sonora or Baja boards I frequent. I know people who have driven down in one ton trucks. Many of them. I live in San Carlos, Sonora. This portion of Sonora and all of Baja are considered free zones, with respect to any importation permits. Dont know if that's applicable here, or not.

Talleyho69
For the last year, it's been a problem at most crossings, not just this one.

pezvela
Explorer
Explorer
Sothamericatraveler wrote:
IN MEXICO NOW WITH A F350... ABOUT $350 BRIBE

This has to be something peculiar to that one crossing. This is not happening at any of the crossings into Baja or Sonora.

Probably a form of mordida.

Talleyho69
Seriously, there are better, legal ways, that cost less and are totally OK.

Hopefully that was pesos not dollars, but still not something that is to be encouraged. It's ALWAYS better to do it legally.

Sothamericatrav
Explorer
Explorer
IN MEXICO NOW WITH A F350... ABOUT $350 BRIBE

Talleyho69
Hopefully Tequila will be in a place where he can respond, I don't know where he is right now.
As I understand it, it has to do with the designation between a cargo hauling vehicle and an RV. Yes, it's different, but remember, it's a foreign country and different rules apply.

17oaks
Explorer
Explorer
south-of-the-border wrote:
HEY TEQUILLA

I am at the Reynosa border with my F350... It has nothing to do with the camper not having plates (its cargo not a vehicle), but it is with the GVW! I went to the chief customs officer and he told me the same, no pickup over 1/2 ton - crazy. I have also contacted the Mexico consulate here in McAllen, and the Adventuretours office is publishing the info on their website.

Is there any reasoning behind nothing over 1/2 T?? Don't get it, does not seem to make any difference in my mind.
Don
Texas
US Army (RET)
'15 F350 4x4, CC, LWB, DRW, King Ranch
2008 Arctic Fox 1150 TC
Vietnam Combat Veteran

Talleyho69
Welcome back!!!

JerBear
Explorer
Explorer
Happy to say we crossed yesterday into Mexico with 1 ton truck and truck camper with no problems. We used Bridge 2 in Laredo. Happy to be back in Mexico!!!!
JerBear
2007 CITATION Supreme 10'8" Truck Camper,Torklift Fastguns, Torklift Tiedowns,Torklift Superhitch,Reese Front Hitch, Honda EU2000i Generator, 2x100 Watt Solar Panel /MPPT Controller, 2500 Watt Inverter.
2006 GMC 3500HD DRW Ex. Cab Truck, Duramax/Allison

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
You mean the highly trained comando guy claiming to be a SEAL and can not distinguish the difference between the USMC emblem and the SEAL emblem, and when you ask him if he was trained at North Carolina the answer is yes and of course he is from team 7.

navegator

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
It brings up sour memories.
I sat for decades and listened and figuratively shook my head.

One jerk was bragging about being a door gunner. I happened to mention I knew someone (Ed Marston) who was a Crew Chief. "Oh no, I wanted to be behind that M60"

I then remarked, "You preferred the starboard M60 over the port side M60?"

Things got real quiet.

If someone has to tell "fibs" to amplify their reality I feel sorry for them.

If my rebuilding 15,000 alternators, and inventing new alternator windings and constructing battery tests bores someone, then they are dealing with the wrong person. Exploring Mexico and Central America, finding unknown ruins in the Lancandon rain forest, and experiencing Mexico 53-years ago is almost too much.

So now when someone spots me in Zihuatanejo or La Costa Alegre, and invites me to what obviously is going to turn out to be a drinking and BS bash, I smile and look confused and respond "No comprendo" Brenda and Jesus will go into fits of laughter.

I feel ashamed enough as it is forgetting some parts of years of study. Like a Colonel who gets a suggestion to fake being a flag officer yet cannot remember which hand to salute with. i.e. my slide rule is corroded frozen 😞

south-of-the-bo
Explorer
Explorer
???????????
RVing through the Americas
North-Central-South

Talleyho69
And why not change that Masters Degree into the PhD you always meant to get?