cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dexter E-Z Flex Triple Suspension Kit and fliped axles!

priv8pilot
Explorer
Explorer
Ok so here we go! Working on my 2001 FS3000 triple axle toy hauler.Last winter on our last Glamis dune trip of the season I Stopped at a gas station on the way home and while looking at the tires I noticed a broken spring shackle! It broke clean off and the lief spring was just hanging in the air! I had another 300 miles to go to get home and it was of course new years day with nothing open. So after staring at it for an hour or so then I concluded that it was not going anywhere as it was connected solid in the back. (drivers side ft of last axle.) I started to crawl home and stopped every five mins to make sure all was ok. Nothing was hitting. Just seemed to be floating in the air! Ok so I made it home and parked the trailer. fast forward to a month or so ago and I purchased a new Dexter E-Z Flex Triple Suspension System Kit for my toy. While installing it I decided the 'flip the axles' for more height. I purchased new u bolts for the axles to fix it up right. Here is where the fun begins. What I was informed was by flipping the axles I would gain about 5 inches in height.
Well after the Dexter kit and the axle flip I gained 12 inches in height! I love the clearance but will need bigger steps for momma and baby dog. But here is the problem. With the trailer hooked up to the truck The truck still sits level but the trailer has a really cool raked look to it. I have the Shank flipped and adjusted all the way up and still have the raked look. What can I do to get it to ride a bit more level? What kind of problems will I have towing like this? I put 20 miles on it yesterday and it seems to ride fine. I did notice that I had to back off on the brake controller as I had a couple of wheels locking up. WHAT HAVE I DONE? HAHA Any advise short of flipping the axles back?
Steve
7 REPLIES 7

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
Lift the truck.
Flipping axles on a tow behind is not the norm just for the reasons u r finding out.
I would put it back.
I had that trailer for 3 years and went to the dunes a lot. I never had a reason to want flipped axles.
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
Lift the truck! ๐Ÿ˜‰
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
You can also flip the drawbar to get the nose up and level.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
The problem started when you flipped the axles?
Put the axles back where they were or get a taller draw bar (shank).
Personally, I would put it back where it was.

priv8pilot
Explorer
Explorer
It is a weekend warrior travel Trailer. 30 foot triple axle.The Adjustment off the receiver is at max height. And yes is it very nose low in the front.

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
When you say "raked" I assume you mean the rig is now nose low? If that is the case, is there any adjustment to lower the pin? My Rotaflex pin box has adjustment to it. Or, can you raise the hitch in the bed? Again, my Curt hitch has 3 height settings....perhaps yours does as well.
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
12 inches. Do you have before and after pictures?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad