Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: What Would You Do..
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> What Would You Do..

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/07/17 11:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Already been through this scenario. A couple of years ago we were stuck on I-10 in AZ for hours due to a trailer fire up ahead. We let many people use the two bathrooms in our toy hauler. No issues and lots of thankful travelers.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/17 03:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Every situation is a little different. I really don't know what I would do until it happened.

But, that's what I like about traveling in the RV. You're always prepared.

Which brings a twist to the OP's question. What would you do if someone asked for food/drink because their kids were hungry?
Would you feed them but, not let them use the toilet?

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/17 05:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"No, my system has just been treated and it can't be used right now."
bumpy

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/17 05:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old-Biscuit wrote:

Every year or so this question comes up especially during times of disaster....last year it was major fire that shut down I-15 in CA

NO......is my answer.

Your answer may be different or same but YOU have to decide for yourself.

I'm glad you don't live in Texas

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"Built Ford Tough"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

rv2go

Fulltime 14 yrs (Knoxville, TN).or someplace else

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/17 05:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have done it once.
Man and woman in front got out of their car and walked to the drivers side of the MH. Man asked if his wife could use the bathroom. I said yes. When leaving, we got the biggest thanks that I think we had ever received.

Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335

rjxj

Over there

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/08/17 06:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NO, it's broke.

jffnkrn

peoria

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/17 06:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Under certain circumstances, maybe, but i will make the decision. I could help in letting them use some toilet paper, or a sheet to cover their self. But most likely the answer would be "NO". And, I would be up front and honest with them, tell them it is private and not available for public use. Now that i said that, if I decided to let someone use it, it would be an elderly, disabled etc. Good Luck & Be Safe ! ! !

Dave H M

IL

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/17 07:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been stranded both day and night.

When traffic started moving, there were a lot of wet spots on the road. Some of them mine.[emoticon]

newman fulltimer

louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/17 07:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

now day and time it might be a killer ask get inside and kill you so they can use it as a meth lab

DutchmenSport

Between Anderson, Pendleton, & Lapel, Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/08/17 07:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm in the "NO" group. If you do it for one, you've opened the floodgate for everyone, and there is only so much room in your holding tanks.

If they are kids, they can go on the side of the road. Who cares. If they are men, they can stand between cars. Who cares. If they are women, they can squat between cars and a couple ladies could use a couple blankets for a privacy wall. If they have to "go" THAT bad, people WILL do it anywhere.

I have seen on public beaches, several times, where folks will hold up blankets and make a human shelter so someone else can change from their swim suit to street clothes. What's the difference if caught in traffic like that?

Call me selfish, but maybe I am here. In basic training in the army (1982) we were instructed on the use of the Antropine Auto Injector. During combat, everyone is given 3 injectors (today they are called injector pins for the civilian population). They were used in the event of a gas attack. Instructions were to self-inject with the first one after getting your gas mask and clothing on. Something like 10 minutes later, inject the 2nd one, and then another few minutes later, inject the 3rd one.

We were told, under NO circumstances to share one with someone else, if they lost theirs for some reason. All 3 were needed to safeguard our lives. Sharing would guarantee death for you AND them as all 3 were required to save your life.

At that point, I started applying that same principle to my own life. If folks around do not prepare, plan, and make arrangements for an impending event, and I HAVE, don't expect me to care for you! I'm prepared, I'm not a social worker! I've prepared to save my life and take care of my needs, not yours because you didn't think it through and was expecting someone else to take care of you! Sorry Charlie! I have only 3 injectors, and if I share, we both die.

* This post was edited 09/08/17 07:36am by DutchmenSport *

DutchmenSport

Observation: The older I get, the less important it is to "get there". What's now important is to enjoy everything along the way getting there.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> What Would You Do..
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS