Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Gov Scott ORDERS motels to accept pets/not charge extra
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Gov Scott ORDERS motels to accept pets/not charge extra

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
DiskDoctr

PA

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/17 01:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now something that *is* true is the effect of a declared mandatory evacuation: allow law-abiding citizens without conce........ms during declared mandatory evacuations

From 2015: "Now law is a measure to allow law-abiding citizens without concealed carry licenses to bear arms during declared mandatory evacuations."

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/17 01:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting. Thanks for the link DiskDoctr.

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

DiskDoctr

PA

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/17 02:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

Interesting. Thanks for the link DiskDoctr.

Sure thing. I wondered where legally-carrying Texans were sheltering when the news coverage showed the shelter with a running sign that said "No Weapons"

I wonder where they put their guns, considering no self-respecting Texan would take his family into potential danger without a sidearm.

Were they expected to dump them in the trash outside so they could get into the shelter?

In PA, the OPPOSITE happens during a State of Emergency. Open Carry/Constitutional Carry is SUSPENDED [emoticon]

It's a shame families fleeing catastrophes have to be burdened with legal landmines. I hope the link might help someone avoid them [emoticon]

p220sigman

Tallahassee, FL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/17 02:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't know about the airlines, but Scott did not "order" the motels/hotels to accept pets. He asked them to waive pet rules/fees for evacuation.

gemsworld

Sunny Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/08/17 05:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rockhillmanor is correct. States, and probably the federal govt as well, have laws on the books against price gouging in times of declared emergencies. I'm assuming there are other laws on the books that kick in during emergencies that most of us are not aware of. Curfews comes to mind as one of them.

brianosaur

home

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/17 08:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Who pays the cleaning fees for all the hotel carpets that get peed, pooped and shed on?

I love my dog but as a private business owner, I'd not be pleased with the additional maintenance involved. Many, many people are inconsiderate slobs and wouldn't hesitate to leave a mess for hotel staff.

...heck, while most owners are responsible, how many slobs leave poop at the park or while walking their dog, and refuse to pick it up?

Fizz

Ottawa, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/17 09:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

brianosaur wrote:

Who pays the cleaning fees for all the hotel carpets that get peed, pooped and shed on?

I love my dog but as a private business owner, I'd not be pleased with the additional maintenance involved. Many, many people are inconsiderate slobs and wouldn't hesitate to leave a mess for hotel staff.

...heck, while most owners are responsible, how many slobs leave poop at the park or while walking their dog, and refuse to pick it up?

Millions evacuated.
Thousands loose their house.
Hundreds risk their lives helping others.

A few motel owners will have to steam clean the carpets.
How upsetting.

Bird Freak

Calhoun, Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/17 09:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1968mooney wrote:

Bird Freak wrote:

Stated on the news here yesterday that Delta was charging $399 for flights out of Fla. and Jet Blue was $99.00.
I think this is just a false post. Ive seen or found nothing to back up any of it.

That was the charge for all the "full" flights. In a prior life, I owned a service station. When the gas shortage hit, and we ran out of gas, we lowered the price to 1 cent a gallon. When you are out, you can charge as little as you want. [emoticon]
My point was what Delta was charging. Not surprised you didn't get it.

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Gov Scott ORDERS motels to accept pets/not charge extra
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS