Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Gov Scott ORDERS motels to accept pets/not charge extra
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Gov Scott ORDERS motels to accept pets/not charge extra

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 09/07/17 07:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gov Scott 'ordered' all motels to accept pets and not to charge extra.

and

Atty General 'ordered' Airlines to not charge extra fee for pets and makes all one way flights out of dodge for $99.00.

And she is fielding thousands of calls a day about price gouging and says she WILL prosecute each and everyone of them if they are taking advantage of Floridians right now.

Says Amazon was NOT charging more for 'emergency products' but it WAS charging $100.00 for shipping! Atty General called Amazon and they are not crediting all the accounts that got charged $100.00.

I think I'm starting to like being in Florida, albeit not during a hurricane. These people know how to get things done and fast preparing for an emergency. [emoticon]

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 09/07/17 07:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rockhillmanor wrote:

Gov Scott 'ordered' all motels to accept pets and not to charge extra.

and

Atty General 'ordered' Airlines to not charge extra fee for pets and makes all one way flights out of dodge for $99.00.

And she is fielding thousands of calls a day about price gouging and says she WILL prosecute each and everyone of them if they are taking advantage of Floridians right now.

Says Amazon was NOT charging more for 'emergency products' but it WAS charging $100.00 for shipping! Atty General called Amazon and they are not crediting all the accounts that got charged $100.00.

I think I'm starting to like being in Florida, albeit not during a hurricane. These people know how to get things done and fast preparing for an emergency. [emoticon]

Stay safe down there,,,, Don't be a hero, know when to say when..

Me-Her-the kids
2015 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2016 Redwood 38RL Black~Silver

SARGUY

North America

View Profile

Posted: 09/07/17 08:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So Amazon will not refund the $100.00 shipping charge? Not like Bezos can t afford it. I usually have little respect for the majority of politicions of any stripe but Floridas Governor and Attorney General deserve a pat on the back.

TurnThePage

North ID

View Profile

Posted: 09/07/17 09:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As you cast stones, make sure you're correct, especially if you want to be taken seriously in the future.

2015 Ram 1500
2004 Pioneer 18T6

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 09/07/17 11:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would like to know the authority the Gov has to demand such a thing from private motel owners?

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Ralph Cramden

US

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/17 12:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

I would like to know the authority the Gov has to demand such a thing from private motel owners?

Usually found in some past legislation or regulated by a state authority. Have you ever read the placard on the back of a motel room door? It also usually has a ton of loopholes.

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/17 05:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rockhillmanor wrote:

Is the AG going to take any legal action against Amazon? $100.00 shipping sounds like they are taking advantage of the situation.

Ralph Cramden

US

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/17 05:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

rockhillmanor wrote:

Is the AG going to take any legal action against Amazon? $100.00 shipping sounds like they are taking advantage of the situation.

Or maybe the only way Amazon, through UPS and Fedex, could guarantee delivery is by using the most expensive overnight options. Both Fedex and UPS have already suspended deliveries to certain areas of Florida.

It sounds to me like a lot of shoot from the hip comments in this thread without all the facts?

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/08/17 05:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A link to these "orders" would have been a help in understanding them. The AG "ordering" airlines to change their fees for example, makes no sense, since airline fares are federally regulated. The only related thing a Google search on "Gov Scott orders motels" comes up with is this thread...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

GordonThree

Northern Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/17 06:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seemy fishy a red state would be ordering private businesses to do anything. I thought red was all about getting the gov's nose and hands out of our businesses?

2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2017 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.4 HEMI, 4.10 / Auto

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Gov Scott ORDERS motels to accept pets/not charge extra
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS