cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Arctic Fox 1150 deposit made

2BLAZERS
Explorer
Explorer

We have loved our 2011 Arctic Fox 1150 so much decided to upgrade for next summer.....so sent off a deposit to Apache and now we wait 8-10 months for our 2019 1150 to come.

We looked into trading in for a 2018 now but Apache didn't have any. And nothing coming until maybe early 2018.....so we just filled in an order form for 2019 and maybe they'll make some more improvements. So wait a little longer and have the first of the 2019s.

Been several improvements over the year we thought would be nice.....
So, LED lights everywhere. The nice step system. Electric awning. Higher roof line over the front half. More rounded roof....and all the other little things.

Other things we will do with this one right away....TV and solar.

Can't wait!
2016 Dodge Ram 3500 CC Dually Cummins,Aisin,Laramie,4*4,4.10,14K
2017 Stealth WA2916 Toyhauler
2011 Arctic Fox 1150 Drybath
2017 Polaris 1000 XP Sportsman
2009 Polaris RZR w/fun parts
2014 Polaris 850 HO Scrambler
1977 K5 Blazer 1ton'd
2005 Pace Enclosed Toybox
25 REPLIES 25

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
KKELLER14K wrote:
Bedlam I had a door window mod to turn those into dual panes...unfortunately is was in the university where in the old school days you had to use photobucket...and they shut us down on using photos from there site...but that is exactly why I made that tutorial...you pay for the dual panes in the rig but the door is still single panes? Doors are not cheep but they need to step up the game and should offer dual panes in doors regardless..JMHO...kev

There's a factory in Los Angeles that builds RV doors for the industry. I suspect that AF and others don't build their own doors.
It makes me wonder if dual pane doors are even offered.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
“The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

KKELLER14K
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam I had a door window mod to turn those into dual panes...unfortunately is was in the university where in the old school days you had to use photobucket...and they shut us down on using photos from there site...but that is exactly why I made that tutorial...you pay for the dual panes in the rig but the door is still single panes? Doors are not cheep but they need to step up the game and should offer dual panes in doors regardless..JMHO...kev

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bedlam wrote:

I have also avoided acrylic windows due to scratches. All of us try to avoid having limbs or branches scrape along side our TC when pulling into heavily wooded camp sites or parallel parking on a tree-lined residential street, but it does happen...

Springtime tree growth along highways in heavily forested areas will getcha' sooner or later.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
Eagle Cap Owners
-Yeats

Bedlam
A number of the guys with toy haulers had these upgraded windows before the TC manufacturers started using them. The ones that boon dock have reported the most damage. I found no failures in conventional or TH RV's that stayed in paved parks or resorts, so it was initially interesting why some toy haulers were seeing chipped or shattered windows that were identically branded and the construction/mounting didn't differ that much. The consensus is that rocks get kicked up by the tow vehicle or RV tires and catch the edge of the glass.

Perhaps it may be more of a moot point on a TC since the windows sit higher and farther away from the tires, but I prefer to not test this hypothesis.

I have also avoided acrylic windows due to scratches. All of us try to avoid having limbs or branches scrape along side our TC when pulling into heavily wooded camp sites or parallel parking on a tree-lined residential street, but it does happen...

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bedlam wrote:
I shy away from the frameless windows although I like the appearance. There have been too many reports of failures when a rock or object hit the edge of the glass.

Huh? You got me there. Where have you seen those reports?
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
Eagle Cap Owners
-Yeats

Bedlam
I shy away from the frameless windows although I like the appearance. There have been too many reports of failures when a rock or object hit the edge of the glass.

2BLAZERS
Explorer
Explorer
KKELLER14K wrote:
What do they offer for window packages these days? Are single panes still the norm?? I would consider duels...will check the website but I had them in my older 1150 and it was worth the cost as we used ours year round.

Marked it for the better windows....I believe it was ThermoPane....

Now that could be one thing they change moving from 2018 to 2019....a lot have gone to the european style windows that don't have all the framing.

We ordered the better windows...if it changes to an even better option, we will take it for sure.
1977 K5 Blazer 1ton'd

2BLAZERS
Explorer
Explorer
zb39 wrote:
2BLAZERS wrote:
bighatnohorse wrote:
I've always like the AF 1150 dry bath. The 1150 is an old model that's been around for a long time. In 2005 we almost bought one but instead opted for the Eagle Cap 1150 (now discontinued) which was lighter in weight.
Do you know what the newest 1150 will weigh?

I'm sure close to the 5k or 5,500 fully loaded up for camping. Our current setup is hard to keep under the 14k GVW of the truck. But always under the axle ratings.... But note my truck has 85 gallons of diesel under the bed if fully topped off thanks to Titan Tanks.

Titan has a 85 gal replacement tank?? awesome...I want one.

It is two tanks....55 gallon replacement tank where the stock tank was.

And then a 30 gallon tank that goes where the spare tire had been.

Spare tire gets carried on a front hitch or rear hitch racks...
1977 K5 Blazer 1ton'd

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
That's going to be an even sweet(er) setup than you have already! Congrats!

So I'll go ahead and say it....best truck and camper brands out there! Lol
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
2BLAZERS wrote:
bighatnohorse wrote:
I've always like the AF 1150 dry bath. The 1150 is an old model that's been around for a long time. In 2005 we almost bought one but instead opted for the Eagle Cap 1150 (now discontinued) which was lighter in weight.
Do you know what the newest 1150 will weigh?

I'm sure close to the 5k or 5,500 fully loaded up for camping. Our current setup is hard to keep under the 14k GVW of the truck. But always under the axle ratings.... But note my truck has 85 gallons of diesel under the bed if fully topped off thanks to Titan Tanks.

Titan has a 85 gal replacement tank?? awesome...I want one.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

Bedlam
My AF811 had the dual pane option but the two door windows were still single. They insulate from heat and cold plus cut down on outside noise. They also had storm window option, but it prevented you from opening the windows while they were installed.

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
KKELLER14K wrote:
What do they offer for window packages these days? Are single panes still the norm?? I would consider duels...will check the website but I had them in my older 1150 and it was worth the cost as we used ours year round.

Agree with this 100%. Ours had the single pane windows and they pumped in cold air and needed to be mopped up every morning in winter travels where our humidity made them sweat badly.
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

KKELLER14K
Explorer
Explorer

2BLAZERS
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
Can you customize new camper without going into high-pricing?
We ended up with 2 top-class campers and when 1 delivers very convenient side entry, the other has way more storage and more comfortable interior.
Even they have similar floor plan, it is the 2 inches lower step, extra 6" of countertop, or 2 more inches of shower pan that makes big difference.
So ideally for us would be combine the best from 2 designs, but that seems impossible.

I think for a real custom you'd have to go with Host or another small custom builder....
1977 K5 Blazer 1ton'd